Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · where do you find your models?

skasol
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · where do you find your models?

Hey,

So trying to find models to help build my website.

so question is, where do you find your models?

Thank you.

May 12, 2012 at 04:09 AM
markperez
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · where do you find your models?

a hobby shop

May 12, 2012 at 04:57 AM
gheller
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · where do you find your models?

I hesitantly recommend Model Mayhem. Be aware, though, being flaky is the norm rather than the exception IMO.

If you can, put out a casting call and offer a bit of $$$. Screen the models well, ask for referrals, speak to them and confirm many times... you might get lucky

greg

May 12, 2012 at 09:13 AM
f1nut

p.1 #4 · where do you find your models?

not sure if you use it or not but try face book. I did and found it worked for me I even set up a group a few years ago asking for people who would like to model. I gave away a few prints as payment for their time and have made some great friends with the group in that time.

May 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM
skasol
• • • •
p.1 #5 · where do you find your models?

Thank you all for your recommendations.

May 12, 2012 at 12:14 PM
jgerecht
• •
p.1 #6 · where do you find your models?

I've used Model Mayhem for years. Had some great models. Had a lot of flakes.

May 12, 2012 at 02:53 PM
skasol
• • • •
p.1 #7 · where do you find your models?

Thank u.

May 12, 2012 at 03:41 PM

jojomon11
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · where do you find your models?

markperez wrote:
a hobby shop

May 12, 2012 at 03:42 PM
alecho85
• •
p.1 #9 · where do you find your models?

tag

Oct 18, 2012 at 09:49 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #10 · where do you find your models?

If you are looking for people to shoot the already mentioned MM is one place. Also look at One Model Place. Guess it is the same concept. If I were you I would search out make-up or hair stylist first. If you are shooting free anyway then make it worth your time. If you can find a qualified artist they can do amazing things. They will have a girl or two that wants TFP and they can always use more portfolio shots. This way at least the girl will have good hair and make-up. I only do paid shoots and 80% of my shoots have also pay for professional make-up. I would not show a image in my portfolio without it. Another option would be a person trying to get into fashion design. Again they will know a make-up / hair person and need images for a portfolio. Added benefit is you might get the use of really unique clothes. Clothes can make or ruin a shoot really fast!You will find they are usually very creative and can give some unique ideas to the shoot. It is amazing what a creative make-up and fashion person can do with very little in the way of props and clothes.

Don't expect experienced models. Just want to be types and most are going to need a lot of help looking right. The hair or make-up person might surprise you with a REAL model. If that happens you will be spoiled for life.

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:16 PM
dragon_eye

p.1 #11 · where do you find your models?

Awesome tip!

Oct 19, 2012 at 02:26 AM
myam203
• • •
p.1 #12 · where do you find your models?

I've also used Model Mayhem, and if you're serious about shooting models, I would strongly recommend putting up some money if you can. In my experience, the money gets you much better models who are much less likely to flake out on you. $100 got me one model who was in a L'Oreal ad and another who was in Vogue Italia. Not too bad!

Oct 19, 2012 at 02:42 AM
Ed Peters
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · where do you find your models?

You might try actually try saying what you plan to use the models for? If you're looking for figure studies I would suggest the local collage art department. Other venues depend on what you are looking for and what kind of compensation you are planning

Oct 19, 2012 at 05:53 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password