Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · Question...D700+D3S or D3+D3S
  
 
Armee
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Question...D700+D3S or D3+D3S


I have a question/opinion needed .
I was looking for a D3S and found a D3,bought it,a few days later found a D3S in my price range
that I had wanted to spend,so went ahead on the limb and bought it too.
Before the above purchases I had a D700.
So now I am unsure to sell the D700 or D3....
Would a D700/D3S or D3/D3S make more sense.
I tend to favor the latter ,one battery type,same feel etc...
Yet the D700 has some things over the D3,like sensor cleaning,lighter package,built in flash...
Assuming all three are low clicks cameras.I do a mixture of sports,landscape ,family.
I am not a pro but rather an avid amateur.
Thank you for your help and ideas....




May 11, 2012 at 03:04 PM
TSY87
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Question...D700+D3S or D3+D3S


I think as an avid amateur, I would go for the d3s/d700 since its nice having a smaller body with the same (essentially) functionality, the sensor cleaning capability, and pop up flash.

If you were doing paid gigs, I would opt for the d3/d3s combo strictly because both bodies have the exact same ergos/button layout etc.




May 11, 2012 at 07:48 PM
Trevorma
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Question...D700+D3S or D3+D3S


I think as an avid amateur, I would go for the d3s/d700 since its nice having a smaller body with the same (essentially) functionality, the sensor cleaning capability, and pop up flash.

I agree 100%. Get yourself an MB-D10 and the BL-3 battery cover and the batteries will be the same..... you can use the ENEL-4's in the MB-D10.

I have the same setup and love the fact that when I don't need it the battery grip can and DOES come off......



May 11, 2012 at 07:55 PM
Armee
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Question...D700+D3S or D3+D3S


Trevorma wrote:
I agree 100%. Get yourself an MB-D10 and the BL-3 battery cover and the batteries will be the same..... you can use the ENEL-4's in the MB-D10.

I have the same setup and love the fact that when I don't need it the battery grip can and DOES come off......


Thank you both for the comments....
Makes sense.....The D700 does has a weight advantage(and size) for the times that smaller/lighter
is better.



May 11, 2012 at 09:33 PM
clmusic
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Question...D700+D3S or D3+D3S


I'd go with D700/D3s. I have owned/own D700/D3/D3s and I prefer the size of D3 series for normal use but when travel I like the size of D700.


May 11, 2012 at 09:39 PM
Armee
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Question...D700+D3S or D3+D3S


clmusic wrote:
I'd go with D700/D3s. I have owned/own D700/D3/D3s and I prefer the size of D3 series for normal use but when travel I like the size of D700.


It is a nice size ,isn't it...Just went for a few minutes to take some pics of apple trees d700/d3...
And I concur..:-)



May 11, 2012 at 09:47 PM
tobicus
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Question...D700+D3S or D3+D3S


D700 / D3s for sure. The smaller body is helpful when you don't want to attract quite as much attention.


May 11, 2012 at 11:15 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Armee
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Question...D700+D3S or D3+D3S


tobicus wrote:
D700 / D3s for sure. The smaller body is helpful when you don't want to attract quite as much attention.


Thank you Tobicus....
The size advantage ,again !!..
Poor D3, nobody is taking it's side....:-)



May 11, 2012 at 11:32 PM
JHerr
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · Question...D700+D3S or D3+D3S


I just bought a D3 over a second D700 because of the ability to have in camera backup of my data via the 2 CF slots. I did this mostly for when I shoot weddings - if I didn't need that I definitely would have just gone with another D700 with a grip. So if you don't need dual card slots, the D700 is an amazing compromise in that it gives you 95% of the features for signifigantly less.




May 12, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Armee
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · Question...D700+D3S or D3+D3S


JHerr wrote:
I just bought a D3 over a second D700 because of the ability to have in camera backup of my data via the 2 CF slots. I did this mostly for when I shoot weddings - if I didn't need that I definitely would have just gone with another D700 with a grip. So if you don't need dual card slots, the D700 is an amazing compromise in that it gives you 95% of the features for signifigantly less.



You have got a good point,even though it's a tremendous feature,I don't use it often enough,now if
I was a pro,that would be different.




May 12, 2012 at 09:44 AM
Alan321
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · Question...D700+D3S or D3+D3S


Sell both the d700 and the d3 to get a d800. Neither the d700 nor the d3 will impress you now that you have a d3s but a d800 will open up new possibilities without wasting your d3s.

- Alan



May 12, 2012 at 03:31 PM
M635_Guy
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · Question...D700+D3S or D3+D3S


I think Alan's idea if you can afford it (D800+D3s). Otherwise D700+D3s.


May 12, 2012 at 05:58 PM
Armee
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · Question...D700+D3S or D3+D3S


Alan321 wrote:
Sell both the d700 and the d3 to get a d800. Neither the d700 nor the d3 will impress you now that you have a d3s but a d800 will open up new possibilities without wasting your d3s.

- Alan



Thanks Alan....
I do have a d800 on order...Was going to sell the D700 when it arrived .
A d800/d3s combo.....:-)



May 13, 2012 at 12:54 AM
Armee
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · Question...D700+D3S or D3+D3S


M635_Guy wrote:
I think Alan's idea if you can afford it (D800+D3s). Otherwise D700+D3s.


Right on..



May 13, 2012 at 12:54 AM





FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password