Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Trade show image and video Q

Mfevans
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Trade show image and video Q

So I'm doing a tradeshow for a big company. I have to take pictures and video of little devices like cameras and phones. With audio interviews often.

First, I'm planning to use my 5D3 and 16-35 with a microphone for the video and pictures. I think this will allow the most "in focus" video and take great close up pics. What do you all think about this setup.

Second. Any suggestions on setting for the video? These are well lit booths but I will likely bring an LED video lamp to keep constant lighting conditions.

Finally, this video will all be going online so do you think I should shoot 60fps 720p?

May 10, 2012 at 01:43 AM
CTYankee
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Trade show image and video Q

Mfevans wrote:
First, I'm planning to use my 5D3 and 16-35 with a microphone for the video and pictures. I think this will allow the most "in focus" video and take great close up pics. What do you all think about this setup.

With the way that DSLR focus works (manual) it will be hard to keep your subject in focus unless you and your subject don't move or you shoot with a higher f stop to get the depth of field you'll need. Then you'll have issues with lighting unless you crank up the ISO.

Mfevans wrote
Finally, this video will all be going online so do you think I should shoot 60fps 720p?

You will only need 30fps so no need to shoot 60fps unless you think you might use it for something else that benefits from 60fps. Talking heads are about as basic as you get so I don't see any use for 60fps. Most upload services re-encode to 30fps anyway as well.

May 10, 2012 at 05:10 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Trade show image and video Q

The 5DII is what I use. You will need to focus on the subject as a moving target is not going to work without additional attachments and lots of practice. You can use 24 or 30 FPS. High ISO is not an issue in low light. I use 1000 to 1600 with good results. Even 2500 will look the same. Theb LED light will help because you want light from the front just like a photo to prevent heavy under eye bags etc. Good light is key. A good mic is also required because the in camera will have too much noise. I will pm a couple links to basic interview videos made with the 5DII and external mic.
Don't forget the tripod. Any movement shows in video.

May 10, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Mfevans
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Trade show image and video Q

I now have a pro wireless clip on mic, an LED light, and i'm going to use my 16-35L and 5D3, i think its just gonna be practice now.... does autofocus lock into the middle of the DOF usually? I'm going to have to be conscious of where in the DOF range i am as the subject moves closer and further away even slightly as i expect only about 10inch of DOF

May 11, 2012 at 01:51 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password