Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · Up close with the 40 f2.8G Micro
  
 
trenchmonkey
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Up close with the 40 f2.8G Micro


Use this lens primarily for pubbin' (light & tack sharp wide open) but thought it'd be
worth a look at a macro file Go figure, huh?! SOOC for your perusal.



riversbendphotography

  NIKON D7000    40mm    f/3.0    1/2000s    100 ISO    -0.7 EV  




May 09, 2012 at 09:29 PM
Bill Gass
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Up close with the 40 f2.8G Micro


Beautiful shot.


May 09, 2012 at 09:30 PM
trenchmonkey
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Up close with the 40 f2.8G Micro


Bill Gass wrote:
Beautiful shot.

Thanks a lot, Bill. These would be some "normal" captures for my usage....




riversbendphotography

  NIKON D7000    40mm    f/3.0    1/50s    6400 ISO    0.0 EV  





riversbendphotography

  NIKON D7000    40mm    f/2.8    1/800s    6400 ISO    -0.7 EV  





riversbendphotography

  NIKON D7000    40mm    f/2.8    1/640s    6400 ISO    -0.7 EV  




May 09, 2012 at 10:12 PM
CGrindahl
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Up close with the 40 f2.8G Micro


Love that first image Will. This lens looks like a winner. That said, I can appreciate using it in other settings has its own advantages... a glass of beer close at hand comes to mind...


May 09, 2012 at 10:23 PM
trenchmonkey
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Up close with the 40 f2.8G Micro


CGrindahl wrote:
Love that first image Will. This lens looks like a winner. That said, I can appreciate using it in other settings has its own advantages... a glass of beer close at hand comes to mind...

Thanks, Curtis! I start out with the 70-200 VR II and as the wrist tires from hoisting cough
samples, I'll switch to this lil guy. Everyone's pretty ripped by then and they don't mind a 'monkey
in their grill. No distortion or CA, gets w/in 6"....what's not to like.





  NIKON D7000    40mm    f/2.8    1/50s    5000 ISO    -0.3 EV  




May 09, 2012 at 10:39 PM
williamkazak
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Up close with the 40 f2.8G Micro


Wouldn't a 35 F1.8 or 35 F2 do the pub pics?


May 10, 2012 at 04:02 AM
Zichar
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Up close with the 40 f2.8G Micro


I have a hard time believing your wrist ever tires...


May 10, 2012 at 06:08 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



DGC1
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · Up close with the 40 f2.8G Micro


I remember all the naysayers when this lens was first announced. Guess you've proven them to be full of crap with these!!


May 10, 2012 at 11:52 AM
trenchmonkey
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · Up close with the 40 f2.8G Micro


Zichar wrote:
I have a hard time believing your wrist ever tires...

Yeah, I know...guilty of a bit of storytellin' on my part Thanks,Chin!



May 10, 2012 at 12:05 PM
trenchmonkey
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · Up close with the 40 f2.8G Micro


DGC1 wrote:
I remember all the naysayers when this lens was first announced. Guess you've proven them to be full of crap with these!!

I dunno but I sure do like the colors and lack of distortion/CA that the 35 f1.8G had. That 6" MFD
comes in pretty handy too! Appreciate it, Doug.



May 10, 2012 at 12:12 PM
monochrome
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · Up close with the 40 f2.8G Micro


TM, nice, but it is a micro lens. I like mine. Reminds me, I have a Dahlia on my deck that needs some attention with it.


May 10, 2012 at 05:42 PM
trenchmonkey
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · Up close with the 40 f2.8G Micro


monochrome wrote:
TM, nice, but it is a micro lens. I like mine. Reminds me, I have a Dahlia on my deck that needs some attention with it.

Ding, ding, DING!!! finally...somebody got the tongue in cheek thread title.
Many thanks, Dahlia...er, Jeff



May 10, 2012 at 07:38 PM
Big Appa
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · Up close with the 40 f2.8G Micro


Funny thing, I was thinking I like the perspective of the 50's and 55 on my DX,
not to wild about wide angle, unless for a specific purpose. And I do love to shoot
flowers, so I was wondering what this little fellow was like, even the price seems right at B&H.
So then I found this thread last night, looks like there is a 40 2/8 micro with my name on it!
Thanks!



May 12, 2012 at 05:11 PM
trenchmonkey
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · Up close with the 40 f2.8G Micro


Big Appa wrote:
Funny thing, I was thinking I like the perspective of the 50's and 55 on my DX,
not to wild about wide angle, unless for a specific purpose. And I do love to shoot
flowers, so I was wondering what this little fellow was like, even the price seems right at B&H.
So then I found this thread last night, looks like there is a 40 2/8 micro with my name on it!
Thanks!


My pleasure!



May 12, 2012 at 05:21 PM





FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password