Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Lightroom 4 full version on sale for $99

FIGTREES
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Lightroom 4 full version on sale for $99

If anyone is looking to get a full version of Lightroom 4 not the upgrade version. 17th Street Photo in NYC is selling it for $99 plus $1.00 purchase of any other product.
I just added a couple of camera screen wipes for $.99 ea and met their requirement.
I am not certain how long they have this on sale.
http://www.17photo.com/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=LIGHTROOM4PROMO

Joel

May 09, 2012 at 07:58 PM
blgentry

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Lightroom 4 full version on sale for $99

BH Photo Video and Adorama have Lightroom available for $95 when you purchase qualifying products. These are more expensive than $1 wipes though. A number of Canon lenses (even the 50mm f/1.8) qualify. I'd bet there are Nikon and other lenses too, but I don't know how to search for exactly what qualifies.

I only know that the lens I bought qualified, and I received both the lens and Lightroom 4 yesterday. A great bargain in my mind.

Brian.

May 09, 2012 at 11:17 PM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #3 · Lightroom 4 full version on sale for $99

Someone I know online found a pirate version in five minutes of browsing and now has it up and working for nothing....it makes one wonder why bother paying if it is so easy to get the product for nothing....

However...he points out that Adobe has not lost a sale...as he would not have paid out for the product but would use it as a freeBee.....

May 10, 2012 at 01:42 AM
Peter Le
• • •
p.1 #4 · Lightroom 4 full version on sale for $99

You can find any program free if you want......just depends on your ethics......poor ethics brings bad Karma.....think about it......

May 10, 2012 at 02:42 AM
Peter Le
• • •
p.1 #5 · Lightroom 4 full version on sale for $99

Adobe's pricing and apparent direction on licensing as of late is a little odd. No more skip 2 versions and update, Lightrooms price coming down, Photoshops price and bloat going up, Cloud computing subscription just ridiculous for small low volume artist. It all makes you wonder who is driving the ship. But no matter how bad Adobe is..... pirating is not cool.......least not yet.......

May 10, 2012 at 02:55 AM
mshi
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Lightroom 4 full version on sale for $99

There is a guy on my local Craigslist trying to sell full retail version of CS6 Master Suite for under $100.

May 10, 2012 at 02:59 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

mmurph
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · Lightroom 4 full version on sale for $99

The good news on LR is that you can upgrade ANY version - 1, 2, or 3 - for $79. I thought that was a nice touch.

I actually own all 3 versions, never upgraded before. Was it available in the past? Hmm ...

Michael

May 10, 2012 at 03:17 AM
15Bit
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Lightroom 4 full version on sale for $99

anthonygh wrote:
Someone I know online found a pirate version in five minutes of browsing and now has it up and working for nothing....it makes one wonder why bother paying if it is so easy to get the product for nothing....

Easy peasy to find. You don't generally need even a pirated LR install - there are many key generators out there that work fine with the install from Adobe's website.

I think Adobe have done a wise thing with the pricing of LR4, and for those of us who actually want the product, the appeal of pirating is much reduced when the product is so reasonably priced. The pricing of Photoshop is another thing though. I think there will be plenty of folk installing pirated versions of that.

However...he points out that Adobe has not lost a sale...as he would not have paid out for the product but would use it as a freeBee.....

This bit of info is generally ignored by companies when "doing the numbers" for how much they lose to piracy: Girl A earns 30k a year and has hookey copies of Office and Photoshop plus 200Gb of music on her computer. The software and entertainment industries have thus "lost" 30k in sales to her piracy. Err, no - it is obvious there is no possible way she could have bought all those legitimately, and unlikely that she would have even if she had the money. It isn't right to use software/music illegally, but this sort of willful deception on the part of the industry really annoys me.

May 10, 2012 at 05:03 AM
ScooberJake
• • •
p.1 #9 · Lightroom 4 full version on sale for $99

anthonygh wrote:
Someone I know online found a pirate version in five minutes of browsing and now has it up and working for nothing....it makes one wonder why bother paying if it is so easy to get the product for nothing...

Why bother? I guess ethics are viewed as a bother these days.

I wonder if you would have the same view if someone stole your work or your equipment. Hey man, they just couldn't be bothered with paying for it, and it was so easy to just take it off your website or out of your car.

May 10, 2012 at 06:12 PM
dwsdmayes

p.1 #10 · Lightroom 4 full version on sale for $99

Using a pirate version is no different than someone copying your pictures and using them as their own. Ask yourself how you would feel if someone dd you that way. After all it isn't costing you anything.

May 11, 2012 at 02:35 AM
hidden_Markov
• • •
p.1 #11 · Lightroom 4 full version on sale for $99

dwsdmayes wrote:
Using a pirate version is no different than someone copying your pictures and using them as their own. Ask yourself how you would feel if someone dd you that way. After all it isn't costing you anything.

this basically. Finding it ironic whats been said so far is being said in photography site. IMO photography is an area that is just as paranoid about IP issues as the software industry. Its why why even a starting to pro wedding shooter has a battery of contracts to sign, the general practice of clients don't get source files for x amount of time (if at all), etc. Hell most I know take the time to fiddle with that clunky interface (on Nikon anyway) to put in their copyright info. Just in case......

They see their pics from a site plastered on a billboard one day, I'd bet a dollar to a donut they'll be making a few phone calls. Probably to someone with Esq. or J.D on their business card lol.

But back on topic, the price is nice. Seems to be a trend. Kind of related but looking at Nik software. If I use BH, I get the LR/aperture suite (not the one with PS support) for like ($219?). Direct download from NIk, $300. its a question of do I want it now now, or save a few bucks. Guessing its been a rough year and software vendors letting oem/authorized retailers make some deals to move some product.

May 11, 2012 at 04:22 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password