Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Want your D800 soon? Go to your local B&M

BrianJarvis
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Want your D800 soon? Go to your local B&M

After waiting more than two months for B&H and Adorama to ship my D800, I decided (a week and a half ago) to place an order with a local brick and morter store, the camera arrived at the store today and I will pick it up Thursday. Yes I had to pay sales tax on it but I'll have fun shooting this weekend!

-Brian
www.digi-scapes.com

May 08, 2012 at 07:25 PM
williamkazak
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Want your D800 soon? Go to your local B&M

Yea!

May 08, 2012 at 09:08 PM
drdrew
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Want your D800 soon? Go to your local B&M

agreed. i put an order in for a d800e early in the game at the local store in my small town and i got it last week. many friends still waiting on bh, adorama, etc....

May 08, 2012 at 09:12 PM
jon.oman
• •
p.1 #4 · Want your D800 soon? Go to your local B&M

That works if you HAVE a local B&M store! The nearest store to me is about 100 miles away.......

May 08, 2012 at 10:04 PM
BrianJarvis
• •
p.1 #5 · Want your D800 soon? Go to your local B&M

Jon,
One other option is that you can order online (or over the phone) from a lot of the smaller B&Ms with around a $500.00 (refundable) deposit. Shipping and insurance probably run another $40-60 though. Maybe yours will as well?

May 08, 2012 at 10:34 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Want your D800 soon? Go to your local B&M

Today I was offered a D800 camera by an FMer I know who contacted me by PM. He'd taken delivery from Amazon and the box sits unopened on his dining room table. He is also first on the list at his local camera store and expects delivery at any moment. All he asked for is retail plus shipping, asking that we avoid Paypal fees. I've decided to wait, so I thanked him and said no. I imagine there will be a time when the supply pipeline is flowing and folks with multiple cameras will either be losing deposits or trying to unload cameras. I hope it happens soon for everyone's benefit.

May 08, 2012 at 10:46 PM
M635_Guy
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Want your D800 soon? Go to your local B&M

Curtis - the pipeline is fairly fixed, and there are still so many more people trying to find them than there are bodies to be had that I think it will be a while before the price softens, especially with Nikon's new policies.

I think you make pretty darn good magic with your D700, so I think you made the right call...

May 08, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

SecondShooter
• •
p.1 #8 · Want your D800 soon? Go to your local B&M

Brian, I live just south of you in Vancouver/Camas WA. I am looking for a 800E and don't mind traveling. Can you PM the information on the local shop you purchased your D800 to see if they can get/order the "E" Thanks

May 08, 2012 at 11:54 PM
BrianJarvis
• •
p.1 #9 · Want your D800 soon? Go to your local B&M

SecondShooter wrote:
Brian, I live just south of you in Vancouver/Camas WA. I am looking for a 800E and don't mind traveling. Can you PM the information on the local shop you purchased your D800 to see if they can get/order the "E" Thanks

PM sent

May 09, 2012 at 01:50 AM
Thang
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · Want your D800 soon? Go to your local B&M

went to Ritz on Tues, placed the order and the camera was in my hands the following week...yep got the d800 in less than 2 weeks. decided to make the jump 3 weeks ago.

May 09, 2012 at 05:26 PM
rankamateur
• • •
p.1 #11 · Want your D800 soon? Go to your local B&M

All this local B&M thing is overrated! My order with a deposit was placed on Noon Feb 6th at the only B&M in the State of Delaware where I live. I was already 9th on the list. They have 45 deposits on D800 and 14 on D800 E. I preordered from Amazon on Feb 7th. That camera arrived on Monday! The B&M deposit was returned to me today! They have 5 coming in next week and I would have gotten one but they seemed overjoyed to return my deposit so someone could move up the list. I don't think a soul on earth knows how these cameras are being distributed including Nikon.

May 10, 2012 at 02:14 AM
BrianJarvis
• •
p.1 #12 · Want your D800 soon? Go to your local B&M

I guess it all depends on where you are. My local B&M had over 100 people on a waitlist (50 when I ordered mine a week and a half ago). They received two shipments of 50+ ea 2 weeks apart.

May 10, 2012 at 03:21 AM
ohsnaphappy
• • •
p.1 #13 · Want your D800 soon? Go to your local B&M

If anyone knows of an authorized dealer willing to ship a D800 let me know, ready to buy now, thanks!

May 11, 2012 at 03:06 PM
BrianJarvis
• •
p.1 #14 · Want your D800 soon? Go to your local B&M

There are a lot of small B&Ms that will ship (you can even order online from some), just look around online or pull authorized retailer list from Nikon.

May 11, 2012 at 03:37 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password