Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules Current entries
  

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       end
  

Archive 2012 · #500 At Home Asleep
  
 
mark fadely
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · #500 At Home Asleep


Hightraxx wrote:
Very thought provoking.

Norm


Thank you Norm.



May 08, 2012 at 05:14 PM
Mado
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · #500 At Home Asleep


A very poignant image. Sad and real.


May 08, 2012 at 11:02 PM
mark fadely
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · #500 At Home Asleep


thank you mado, I'm glad you found it compelling.


May 09, 2012 at 12:26 AM
James Markus
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · #500 At Home Asleep


Well done, Mark. There are far too many in this state - I wish I had an answer.


May 09, 2012 at 12:55 AM
kellermsu
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · #500 At Home Asleep


As usual great photo Mark. I agree with the others. What more can I say?

Jim



May 09, 2012 at 02:29 AM
Klaus Priebe
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · #500 At Home Asleep


Very nice Mark. I was there at one point in my life.


May 09, 2012 at 12:38 PM
mark fadely
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · #500 At Home Asleep


James Markus wrote:
Well done, Mark. There are far too many in this state - I wish I had an answer.


Thank you James. BTW, I love your entry this week.



May 09, 2012 at 01:07 PM
mark fadely
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #8 · #500 At Home Asleep


kellermsu wrote:
As usual great photo Mark. I agree with the others. What more can I say?

Jim



Thank you Jim. I appreciate you making a comment.



May 09, 2012 at 01:08 PM
mark fadely
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · #500 At Home Asleep


Klaus Priebe wrote:
Very nice Mark. I was there at one point in my life.


Hi Klaus,

Wow, interesting to hear you were down and out like this too. I can feel your deep artistic talent portrayed in each of your entries. The landscape shots you do at the lake are breathtaking. I wonder if some of your heartfelt inspiration comes from having been in a lower place at one point in your life?



May 09, 2012 at 01:11 PM
Klaus Priebe
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #10 · #500 At Home Asleep


mark fadely wrote:
Hi Klaus,

Wow, interesting to hear you were down and out like this too. I can feel your deep artistic talent portrayed in each of your entries. The landscape shots you do at the lake are breathtaking. I wonder if some of your heartfelt inspiration comes from having been in a lower place at one point in your life?


Mark,
Thanks and we all have our low points in life. Being without a home and losing our daughter were two of the worst times of my life. Both times it was so very hard to get back into some type of normalcy. Still not there yet with the loss of Sarah and probably will never get there.
I think a person really reflects on the past in the back of their mind and perhaps does bring some type of inspiration. Perhaps its a road to healing. Not sure but every day brings on a new vision and thoughts on life.
I do know with my daughter that she loved sunsets, clouds and the outdoors so I do get a lot of inspiration with that and I feel she is there with me as I am out there shooting.



May 10, 2012 at 02:40 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Carolyn1250
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #11 · #500 At Home Asleep


I too thought I'd pipe in. I love this one. This is a fear I think most of us have, at one time or another, and while it may seem negative to some ... for me, it heightens my sense of compassion and also, gratitude for what I have.

It makes me think I need to get off my butt and help in this world more though. So incredibly much poverty in our country.



May 10, 2012 at 04:21 PM
Yakim Peled
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #12 · #500 At Home Asleep


Very powerful pic which unfortunately I can relate to on a personal level.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.



May 10, 2012 at 07:05 PM
smallrewards
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #13 · #500 At Home Asleep


is there a larger version available anywhere?


May 10, 2012 at 10:02 PM
mark fadely
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #14 · #500 At Home Asleep


Klaus Priebe wrote:
Mark,
Thanks and we all have our low points in life. Being without a home and losing our daughter were two of the worst times of my life. Both times it was so very hard to get back into some type of normalcy. Still not there yet with the loss of Sarah and probably will never get there.
I think a person really reflects on the past in the back of their mind and perhaps does bring some type of inspiration. Perhaps its a road to healing. Not sure but every day brings on a new vision and thoughts on life.
I
...Show more

thanks for sharing your personal struggles with us Klaus. It's great to get to know you better through this forum. I feel like we are a little family here. I know you have been scarred by what has happened to you. Time heals, and I feel honored to spend some of that time here with you. You never know how your art and your openess may be helping someone else.



May 11, 2012 at 10:14 AM
mark fadely
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #15 · #500 At Home Asleep


Carolyn1250 wrote:
I too thought I'd pipe in. I love this one. This is a fear I think most of us have, at one time or another, and while it may seem negative to some ... for me, it heightens my sense of compassion and also, gratitude for what I have.

It makes me think I need to get off my butt and help in this world more though. So incredibly much poverty in our country.


thanks Carolyn for your inspirational thoughts on this. Glad you like it.



May 11, 2012 at 10:16 AM
mark fadely
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #16 · #500 At Home Asleep


Yakim Peled wrote:
Very powerful pic which unfortunately I can relate to on a personal level.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.


Hi Yakim. It''s nice to see you back here and I was hoping you would have some good news about a job. Glad you liked this shot.



May 12, 2012 at 03:27 AM
mark fadely
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #17 · #500 At Home Asleep


smallrewards wrote:
is there a larger version available anywhere?



Here's a larger version.








May 12, 2012 at 03:28 AM
Yakim Peled
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #18 · #500 At Home Asleep


As always, it looks even better when bigger.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.



May 12, 2012 at 10:05 PM
R_o_l_o
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #19 · #500 At Home Asleep


Congrats! Very nice. I would have avoided the distracting red SUV in the background. Otherwise, perfect!


May 23, 2012 at 01:28 AM
1      
2
       end




FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password