Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Hidden Treasure of Delaware

boxkutties
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hidden Treasure of Delaware

This was taken in bright sun bad time to shoot seascape.. But still managed to get something out of it.

BeatsBlack 2012

26mm - f/25 - 1/3 sec - ISO 100

May 04, 2012 at 09:44 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hidden Treasure of Delaware

Ganesh,
Seems like you took on several challenges simultaneously. Bright sun, the goal of providing some soft blurring of the water, preserving highlights, preserving detail.
If your goal is to smooth the water with a long exposure image and shoot in brighter skies, you really need an ND grad filter to reduce the light entering the sensor. And, depending on the smoothness you want in the water, a longer shutter speed as well.
There is a softness in the broken pilings suggesting camera shake or a focus much further into the scene. I can tell for sure which. Did you use a tripod?
Unfortunately the whites are blown in the posted image, with no detail at the breaking wave close to the shoreline. Maybe there is some recovery possible from a RAW version.
The colors look a bit dull and off to me. I am wondering if this is a style choice you made.
BTW, images are best posted 800 on the long end, although most of us can readily view a 1000 pixel wide image without scrolling.

Scott

May 05, 2012 at 04:42 PM
boxkutties
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Hidden Treasure of Delaware

Scott,

All your observation and advice are 100%. Yes i do used a tripod for this..

Colors.. well they are my selection and i will defly improve in my next scapes...

May 05, 2012 at 05:03 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Hidden Treasure of Delaware

I like the soft, rich look. Not that I would use it often, but in this case it works for me.

I believe posting a smaller version would help evaluating the overall image.

Bob

May 05, 2012 at 08:46 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password