New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Need opinions on Contax Zeiss 25/2.8 and 28/2

carstenw
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Need opinions on Contax Zeiss 25/2.8 and 28/2

Okay Hrannar, but if you decide for the 21 and can't find one locally, let me know; I am sure we can find some way to get it to Iceland without too much of a premium. For example, you could pay in two separate transactions, one of which is small and will be declared

May 05, 2012 at 11:35 PM
hauxon
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Need opinions on Contax Zeiss 25/2.8 and 28/2

Well, I found a 25/2.8 ZS mount in good as new condition with a focus confirm adapter here in Iceland for a little less than $600. :-D

Fired a few a shots on the way home after getting it and initial impression is very good. Seems somehow a misunderstood lens. The photozone does reveal some weaknesses at shorter distances but the lens is stellar closer to infinity, at least according to Lloyd Chambers (and my live-view). This probably helped me getting the lens for such a low price.

Anyways, I'm happy and can't wait getting out with it. ...now I just need a 58->72mm ring for my Lee adapter ring.

Hrannar

May 07, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Need opinions on Contax Zeiss 25/2.8 and 28/2

Hrannar -- I'm glad you've got a lens that you are happy with.

Bottom line: if it's a Zeiss or Leica lens, it's pretty hard to find a dog.

May 08, 2012 at 12:58 AM
helimat
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Need opinions on Contax Zeiss 25/2.8 and 28/2

Looks like the OP found something that will work, but I would just like to throw in my opinion of the Contax 25/2.8 for prosperity. My feeling pretty much echoes that of jotdeh, it is nice compact wide angle, not stunning wide open but stopped down to f/5.6-f/8 it is pretty amazing IMO.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6096/6348332223_50d46420b8_b.jpg

5D2, @ f/8

Due to it's compact size compared to my other wides I use for landscape type stuff (21mm & 35mm ZE, Contax 35-70) it usually gets tucked in my bag for excursions, and provides a nice option between 21 and 35mm.

May 08, 2012 at 03:12 AM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password