Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · D800/E Video Mode?

mach250
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D800/E Video Mode?

Has anyone here done any videos with the D800 or the E model? Are we able to adjust all options (aperture/iso/etc...) Is there an option to adjust shutter speed to get more of a blurred video or is this basically the 60/30/25/24 framerate that will adjust this?

May 02, 2012 at 05:15 AM
edgately

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D800/E Video Mode?

I'm not a serious video shooter... but just tossed my D800E into video mode and manual settings. Had full control of the shutter and aperture. Looks like we also have the power aperture options on the D4 as well.

May 02, 2012 at 05:25 AM
ronvanderkolk

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D800/E Video Mode?

You can adjust iso, aperture and shutter speeld while you are recording in M mode.

What do you mean with blurred video? The whole idea over movent is different from stills. Notice that you can't set a shutterspeed below the fps. For 30fps, the lowest shutterspeed is 1/30s.

You may find these video tips for the D800 video mode helpful: http://photo.vanderkolk.info/photo-article-nikon-d800-video-tricks.php

Jun 04, 2012 at 01:06 PM
Miguel Gal

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D800/E Video Mode?

Hey Mach250,

I would love to hear if you have any luck finding any more on this topic. I have a D800 and I love it but the onloy problem I have had so far was assuming I would be able to go below a shutter speed of 1/25th of a sec. The D800 locks the minimum shutter speed at whatever your frame rate is. I am hoping Nikon changes this at some stage in a firmware upgrade.

This is not a problem in the 5D mkII which is what I was shooting on before the D800. I have used blur a fair bit on that.

Miguel

Aug 10, 2012 at 04:43 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password