Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · The Glades

sbeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Glades

Anhinga Trail, Everglades NP
Going through some old stuff.
Composition work?
Keeper or trash?

Scott

Canon EOS 5D    EF17-40mm f/4L USM lens    17mm    f/8.0    1/160s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Apr 29, 2012 at 03:56 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Glades

Did you apply some type of special effect to this, Scott? It looks like you shot it through a screen door.

The clouds and the cloud reflections suggest to me that some pseudo-HDR treatment might be nice. The non-centered horizon was a good call.

Ultimately though, I think it suffers a bit for lacking a clear point of interest. It still might make a nice "mood"/abstract piece printed big for the wall.

Apr 29, 2012 at 04:16 PM
runamuck
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Glades

Nothing to see here, folks. Just move on. It needs a point of interest, like a couple of fishermen in a nearby boat. Or crop the bottom part of the water and half the sky for a panorama?

Apr 29, 2012 at 05:11 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Glades

Eyeball wrote:
Did you apply some type of special effect to this, Scott? It looks like you shot it through a screen door.

The clouds and the cloud reflections suggest to me that some pseudo-HDR treatment might be nice. The non-centered horizon was a good call.

Ultimately though, I think it suffers a bit for lacking a clear point of interest. It still might make a nice "mood"/abstract piece printed big for the wall.

I think the lack of focal interest is the issue. And boredom has me posting some images that I know are not just up there. What raised a question of the image's viability is the mood, and the reflections in the water.
As for processing, its pretty much curves, TAT saturation adjustments, sharpening and cropping.

Scott

Apr 29, 2012 at 08:01 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The Glades

runamuck wrote:
Nothing to see here, folks. Just move on. It needs a point of interest, like a couple of fishermen in a nearby boat. Or crop the bottom part of the water and half the sky for a panorama?

Thanks.

Agreed.
Scott

Apr 29, 2012 at 08:02 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The Glades

Not much there, there.

Apr 29, 2012 at 08:17 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · The Glades

Looking at this again, I see the screen door effect Dennis (Eyeball) has mentioned. It must be some kind of artifact.
Anyone know how this could happen?
Scott

May 05, 2012 at 07:38 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · The Glades

Perhaps:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=40399

May 05, 2012 at 08:39 PM
cgardner
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · The Glades

If there was a compelling focal point like an air boat receding into the background with a leading line like a curved wake extending down into the lower right corner would be a great shot

The pattern looks similar to moiré that occurs in 4/C screen printing when the halftone patterns of the colors aren't angled correctly 45° apart. Don't have a clue what might have caused it but suggest retracing all the PP steps and check after each one.

May 05, 2012 at 11:02 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · The Glades

AuntiPode wrote:
Perhaps:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=40399

Interesting. I knew nothing about this.
Do you follow the luminous landscape forums?
Scott

May 05, 2012 at 11:10 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · The Glades

Yes, Chuck. Needs that extra element.
Scott

May 05, 2012 at 11:11 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · The Glades

Scott, I googled the screen door effect topic and prowled through the resulting links until I found the Luminous Landscape info. I look at the Luminous Landscape site now and again, but I don't follow it regularly.

May 06, 2012 at 12:00 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · The Glades

Thanks for searching this out, Karen.
Scott

May 06, 2012 at 01:19 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password