Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · The Glades
  
 
sbeme
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Glades


Anhinga Trail, Everglades NP
Going through some old stuff.
Composition work?
Keeper or trash?

Scott




  Canon EOS 5D    EF17-40mm f/4L USM lens    17mm    f/8.0    1/160s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  




Apr 29, 2012 at 03:56 PM
Eyeball
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Glades


Did you apply some type of special effect to this, Scott? It looks like you shot it through a screen door.

The clouds and the cloud reflections suggest to me that some pseudo-HDR treatment might be nice. The non-centered horizon was a good call.

Ultimately though, I think it suffers a bit for lacking a clear point of interest. It still might make a nice "mood"/abstract piece printed big for the wall.



Apr 29, 2012 at 04:16 PM
runamuck
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Glades


Nothing to see here, folks. Just move on. It needs a point of interest, like a couple of fishermen in a nearby boat. Or crop the bottom part of the water and half the sky for a panorama?


Apr 29, 2012 at 05:11 PM
sbeme
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Glades


Eyeball wrote:
Did you apply some type of special effect to this, Scott? It looks like you shot it through a screen door.

The clouds and the cloud reflections suggest to me that some pseudo-HDR treatment might be nice. The non-centered horizon was a good call.

Ultimately though, I think it suffers a bit for lacking a clear point of interest. It still might make a nice "mood"/abstract piece printed big for the wall.



I think the lack of focal interest is the issue. And boredom has me posting some images that I know are not just up there. What raised a question of the image's viability is the mood, and the reflections in the water.
As for processing, its pretty much curves, TAT saturation adjustments, sharpening and cropping.

Scott



Apr 29, 2012 at 08:01 PM
sbeme
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The Glades


runamuck wrote:
Nothing to see here, folks. Just move on. It needs a point of interest, like a couple of fishermen in a nearby boat. Or crop the bottom part of the water and half the sky for a panorama?



Thanks.

Agreed.
Scott



Apr 29, 2012 at 08:02 PM
AuntiPode
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The Glades


Not much there, there.


Apr 29, 2012 at 08:17 PM
sbeme
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · The Glades


Looking at this again, I see the screen door effect Dennis (Eyeball) has mentioned. It must be some kind of artifact.
Anyone know how this could happen?
Scott



May 05, 2012 at 07:38 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



AuntiPode
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · The Glades


Perhaps:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=40399



May 05, 2012 at 08:39 PM
cgardner
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · The Glades


If there was a compelling focal point like an air boat receding into the background with a leading line like a curved wake extending down into the lower right corner would be a great shot

The pattern looks similar to moiré that occurs in 4/C screen printing when the halftone patterns of the colors aren't angled correctly 45° apart. Don't have a clue what might have caused it but suggest retracing all the PP steps and check after each one.



May 05, 2012 at 11:02 PM
sbeme
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · The Glades


AuntiPode wrote:
Perhaps:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=40399


Interesting. I knew nothing about this.
Do you follow the luminous landscape forums?
Scott



May 05, 2012 at 11:10 PM
sbeme
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · The Glades


Yes, Chuck. Needs that extra element.
Scott



May 05, 2012 at 11:11 PM
AuntiPode
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · The Glades


Scott, I googled the screen door effect topic and prowled through the resulting links until I found the Luminous Landscape info. I look at the Luminous Landscape site now and again, but I don't follow it regularly.


May 06, 2012 at 12:00 AM
sbeme
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · The Glades


Thanks for searching this out, Karen.
Scott



May 06, 2012 at 01:19 PM





FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password