Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Legless Brownies!!

Andrwe Bazeley
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Legless Brownies!!

Yeah, Yeah -- I know I cut the legs off -- they were just too close and it was either legs or head. She was trying to teach her three cubs to swim and they were having nothing of it. Pretty cool, because she would leave them on the water's edge not more than 50-60 feet from where we were standing as she went into the water maybe 20 feet and would then stand there and call them to come in with her. The three would just huddle together and squeal back at her that it was way too scary. It was raining, which is why the cubs are wet also. Kind of goes against everything you hear about these mothers not letting humans get too close to their cubs. I guess we were not acting in any manner that she could interpret as being threatening to them and so she accepted us. I posted about this behavior of animals -- their letting us get close to them if we do it on their terms and not ours -- it is on my blog at www.tecshots.com/blog and on facebook at www.facebook.com/tecshots. Cheers, Andrew

NIKON D300    600mm    f/4.0    1/400s    400 ISO    +1.0 EV  

Apr 29, 2012 at 03:27 PM
David Leask
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Legless Brownies!!

Aww, you cut the legs off Andrew
Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Great shot. It sounds like the whole scene was fun to watch.
David

Apr 29, 2012 at 04:30 PM
DonGut
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Legless Brownies!!

Great moment! had many experiences with mothers and cubs and I've never found the mother to be aggressive. They usually worry more about themselves. What time of year was this taken and where? Don

Apr 29, 2012 at 04:39 PM
rb_stern
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Legless Brownies!!

Very nice, even without the legs. I think I'd have been very nervous at that close range.

Richard

Apr 29, 2012 at 05:01 PM
Andrwe Bazeley
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Legless Brownies!!

Hey David, Don & Richard -- thanks for the comments.
You know David, I must have been thinking of you when I intentionally cut the legs off - so I can blame you for it, right? Just kidding!
Richard -- it is truly amazing how close you can get to animals -- or how close they will come to you -- if you do it on their terms and not yours. I posted on my blog about this and you may find it interesting -- and I plagiarized my polar bear guide and good friend Dennis Compayre in this post because he worded it so well -- but I think it a good read for anyone wanting to shoot big animals. Read it at www.tecshots.com/blog.
Cheers, Andrew

Apr 29, 2012 at 07:13 PM
Andrwe Bazeley
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Legless Brownies!!

You know David, I must have been thinking of you when I intentionally cut the legs off - so I can blame you for it, right? Just kidding!
Richard -- it is truly amazing how close you can get to animals -- or how close they will come to you -- if you do it on their terms and not yours. I posted on my blog about this and you may find it interesting -- and I plagiarized my polar bear guide and good friend Dennis Compayre in this post because he worded it so well -- but I think it a good read for anyone wanting to shoot big animals. Read it at www.tecshots.com/blog.
Cheers, Andrew

Apr 29, 2012 at 07:13 PM
Andrwe Bazeley
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Legless Brownies!!

Cheers, Andrew

Apr 29, 2012 at 07:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Legless Brownies!!

Another very nice shot Andrew ~ Ron

Apr 30, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Howard Kearley
• • • • •