Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2012 · New Canon full frame cameras in 2012?

retrofocus
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · New Canon full frame cameras in 2012?

This would confirm what I assumed also (and stated in earlier postings), especially in the second paragraph of the link on top. Canon tries to catch up, a new higher Mp full frame camera might appear already in 2012. 5D III could be a thing of the past?

http://www.canonrumors.com

Apr 27, 2012 at 05:10 PM
elader
• • • •
p.1 #2 · New Canon full frame cameras in 2012?

No way in heaven or hell canon would release another standard size cam this year for more money with a ff sensor. Maybe a 1dxs?

Apr 27, 2012 at 05:16 PM
felixj

p.1 #3 · New Canon full frame cameras in 2012?

I doubt it.

Canon is in the business to make money and not to make every single photographers happy. It seems unlikely to me that they can sell enough of a new model without cannabilising the existing 5D2 or 5D3.

Apr 27, 2012 at 05:17 PM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.1 #4 · New Canon full frame cameras in 2012?

elader wrote:
No way in heaven or hell canon would release another standard size cam this year for more money with a ff sensor. Maybe a 1dxs?

But maybe a successor of the current 5D III assuming a good drop in price for the 5D III and the better successor model for about $3500? Maybe already being announced at Photokina in September.

Apr 27, 2012 at 05:18 PM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.1 #5 · New Canon full frame cameras in 2012?

felixj wrote:
I doubt it.

Canon is in the business to make money and not to make every single photographers happy. It seems unlikely to me that they can sell enough of a new model without cannabilising the existing 5D2 or 5D3.

5D III would just be the prototype for the 5D IV.........it could become one of the most quickly outdated cameras, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Apr 27, 2012 at 05:20 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.1 #6 · New Canon full frame cameras in 2012?

Not a new rumor, even before 5D III was released the rumor exists. Now you might get a high MP cam but with a crippled AF so I don't think 5D III price will go down .

Apr 27, 2012 at 05:24 PM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.1 #7 · New Canon full frame cameras in 2012?

kewlcanon wrote:
Not a new rumor, even before 5D III was released the rumor exists. Now you might get a high MP cam but with a crippled AF so I don't think 5D III price will go down .

Haha, yes, this is an option, too! Making a 5D IV but doing the same thing which was done for the 5D II . Then everybody would just laugh (and cry I guess!).

Apr 27, 2012 at 05:26 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.1 #8 · New Canon full frame cameras in 2012?

Yes and the bashing will start over and over again .

retrofocus wrote:
Haha, yes, this is an option, too! Making a 5D IV but doing the same thing which was done for the 5D II . Then everybody would just laugh (and cry I guess!).

Apr 27, 2012 at 05:28 PM
Marco
• • •
p.1 #9 · New Canon full frame cameras in 2012?

Probably an Eos-3D.

40+ Mp, low fps, limited high ISOs, zero banding at 50 ISO, Eos-1v style body and 4500 USD.

By then the 5D3 will be 3k USD and all will be happy, Canon included.

Apr 27, 2012 at 05:28 PM
felixj

p.1 #10 · New Canon full frame cameras in 2012?

Despite its many reported "faults", it is still flying off the shelves. If you were to buy the 5D3 now, you can't get your hands on one immediately.

Even a point and shoot has a longer product life cycle than what is being suggested. Not mentioning a proconsumer camera which has a 3 year life cycle historically. There were similar rumours about 5DMKIII or 3D when 5DMKII was first introduced. Those rumour didn't turn out to be too accurate.

Apr 27, 2012 at 05:30 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

elader
• • • •
p.1 #11 · New Canon full frame cameras in 2012?

retrofocus wrote:
5D III would just be the prototype for the 5D IV.........it could become one of the most quickly outdated cameras, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

no way. How long did the 5DII stick around and all it had was a nice sensor in a 1979 camera body. You think everyone wants 35mp? I dont even know what to do with 23. But I love the camera.

Apr 27, 2012 at 05:31 PM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.1 #12 · New Canon full frame cameras in 2012?

Marco wrote:
Probably an Eos-3D.

40+ Mp, low fps, limited high ISOs, zero banding at 50 ISO, Eos-1v style body and 4500 USD.

By then the 5D3 will be 3k USD and all will be happy, Canon included.

Yes, this is similar to what I am guessing. Higher MP sensor, but lower fps. Dream landscape/scenery/macro camera. But I doubt it will be introduced for more than $3500. Don't forget, the D800 is already there.....

Apr 27, 2012 at 05:33 PM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.1 #13 · New Canon full frame cameras in 2012?

elader wrote:
no way. How long did the 5DII stick around and all it had was a nice sensor in a 1979 camera body. You think everyone wants 35mp? I dont even know what to do with 23. But I love the camera.

Well, what people want/don't want was discussed in other posts in detail earlier, no reason to go back to this sort of discussion now. But demand is clearly high for a high MP full frame camera. Personally, I am also still totally fine with my 21 MP of the 5D II, but technology always progresses.
The 5D II was the first of its kind full frame DSLR camera on the market, that's why it remained so successful for a long time. Now the game has fully changed.

Apr 27, 2012 at 05:36 PM
cineski
• • • •
p.1 #14 · New Canon full frame cameras in 2012?

If there's another full frame, it'll either be an extremely high MP or an entry level with poor auto focus.

Apr 27, 2012 at 05:39 PM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.1 #15 · New Canon full frame cameras in 2012?

cineski wrote:
If there's another full frame, it'll either be an extremely high MP or an entry level with poor auto focus.

Pls see the link. The rumor states that two full frame cameras might be introduced - an entry level one AND a high MP one. But yes, it is a rumor, we will see later this year what will be true!

Apr 27, 2012 at 05:41 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · New Canon full frame cameras in 2012?

retrofocus wrote:
This would confirm what I assumed also (and stated in earlier postings), especially in the second paragraph of the link on top. Canon tries to catch up, a new higher Mp full frame camera might appear already in 2012. 5D III could be a thing of the past?

http://www.canonrumors.com

Yes, it is quite possible that 5DMkIII is old technology already, obsolete in effect.
I hope we will have 42Mp 5DMkIIIN released in the fall of 2012.
In the interim, I am sorry to see so many of our old Canon forum members who have been left with no option other than a switch to Nikon and D800.

Once 5DMkIIIN is with us, I hope to see those folks switch back to Canon.

Apr 27, 2012 at 05:55 PM
dhphoto
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · New Canon full frame cameras in 2012?

The way things are Canon has given up it's status as the high meg pro dslr king by merging the 1D and 1Ds series in the 1DX and also made the prosumer FF 5DIII offering have more meg than it's top of the range model. All in all, a bit odd.

So either Canon have given up the race and conceeded the high-meg ground to Nikon or there's a 1DsX on the way.

My guess, Canon doesn't give a toss about pro cameras as it's making billions from compacts and the new dlsr's will focus on video. Shame.

Apr 27, 2012 at 05:58 PM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.1 #18 · New Canon full frame cameras in 2012?

PetKal wrote:
Yes, it is quite possible that 5DMkIII is old technology already, obsolete in effect.
I hope we will have 42Mp 5DMkIIIN released in the fall of 2012.
In the interim, I am sorry to see so many of our old Canon forum members who have been left with no option other than a switch to Nikon and D800.

Once 5DMkIIIN is with us, I hope to see those folks switch back to Canon.

Yes, what sort of shocker would be a 5D IIIN for all who just bought now the 5D III fresh out of the pilot plant?

I don't think that too many vested Canonians switch to Nikon just because of the D800. But starters surely already do. Catch-up game for Canon!

Apr 27, 2012 at 06:02 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.1 #19 · New Canon full frame cameras in 2012?

Well OP you've been harping 5D III so far, you'll have to defend your crippled 5DX soon from all the DR mongers . Good luck .

Apr 27, 2012 at 06:09 PM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.1 #20 · New Canon full frame cameras in 2012?

kewlcanon wrote:
Well OP you've been harping 5D III so far, you'll have to defend your crippled 5DX soon from all the DR mongers . Good luck .

Haha, no, I wouldn't go for the 5DX either since personally I am still fine with my AF crippled and sooooooo bad 5D II

Apr 27, 2012 at 06:12 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password