Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Detroit Skyline

Jimmy D
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Detroit Skyline

Taken November 2011 on my way to Utah for a photography trip.

This was taken from Windsor, Ontario looking towards Detroit showing the GM Renaissance centre on the right.

Thanks for looking
Jim

Apr 25, 2012 at 04:19 AM
Chengdu Nanhai
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Detroit Skyline

very nice!

Apr 25, 2012 at 04:23 AM
nburwell
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Detroit Skyline

I like it! I'm debating on whether there is too much water in the image, but my gut says no. Great image!

-Nick

Apr 25, 2012 at 06:28 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jimmy D
• • •
p.1 #4 · Detroit Skyline

Hi Nick

Yes I was the same on the water, I do have other compositions but I was trying something a little different with this. My initial thought was it's top heavy, I could crop a bit more off the bottom.

Thanks
Jim

Apr 25, 2012 at 06:50 PM
zquaratella
• •
p.1 #5 · Detroit Skyline

Hi Jim! Thanks for sharing, I love it. I'm with Nick; I've been debating sitting here at my computer whether I like it with less water. I came to the conclusion that maybe it would be cool if you gave the reflection of the GM center the same height as the building itself. That would create an interesting symmetry, to me. I love the original, and maybe my crop might say something different than the message you intend, but it's just a thought I had.

Apr 26, 2012 at 12:12 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Detroit Skyline

Since the reflection extends beyond the edge of the frame anyway, I think it might be better balanced to crop with less water. Otherwise, very nice.

Apr 26, 2012 at 05:34 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password