New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · From 2010

Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · From 2010

Going back for a moment...C&C appreciated.

Bob

Apr 24, 2012 at 07:00 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · From 2010

#2 is totally sweet ...

Apr 24, 2012 at 08:24 PM
pinball_pw
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · From 2010

Agreed, #2 FTW. - Paul

Apr 24, 2012 at 08:48 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · From 2010

@RustyBug and Paul,

Thanks for looking - glad you like it.

Bob

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:15 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · From 2010

I really like the second image, too. Almost looks like a color image which quickly fades to BW. Beautiful.

Scott

Apr 25, 2012 at 09:10 PM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · From 2010

Both are lovely, I go with the crowd on #2.

Apr 26, 2012 at 07:12 AM
cgardner
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · From 2010

The contrast between the darker right and lighter left sides and the way path along the ducks pull the eye into the photo and tie the two together is what makes #2 work for me.

In #1 the snow is rendered dark to the point of looking unnatural and that impression distracts from enjoying the content of the scene. I played around with it quickly using two different layers, adding contrast to the midtones on the top in the trees and lightening the snow in the foreground in the highlights and midtones.

http://super.nova.org/EDITS/Snow2010.jpg

Apr 26, 2012 at 12:09 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · From 2010

Bob; I am not attracted to #1 at all (compositionally)... #2 is a keeper just as is...

Apr 27, 2012 at 10:53 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · From 2010

The first seems to lack interest. I like the second. The color treatment is appealing and the geese add interest, although shooting a little sooner or later, a few seconds either way, could have separated the overlapping geese.

Apr 27, 2012 at 05:35 PM
Gregstx
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · From 2010

We never get snow here. I am jealous of the opportunity to get these shots. I like both. But I really like #2.

Apr 27, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · From 2010

To all,

Thanks for looking and I appreciate your comments.

FWIW, this was an infrequent, although not rare snow event. The first images, #1 and others from that set were taken ~6:30AM (I think the color version probably works better), #2 was at a different location about 2 hours later.

As is common, it sounded as if one were at a skeet range from the reports of limbs breaking under the weight of the snow. And typical for this area (east-central Georgia), after the low-level clouds cleared, nearly all of the snow had melted by 2PM.

Having grown up in the NE and lived in Syracuse, NY during grad school, I must admit at this point in my life I find this type of snow storm much more agreeable than those of my youth

Greg, we've not seen any snow accumulation since. Fortunately, the precipitation was snow, and not ice/freezing rain. OTOH we lack rain as well.

regards,

Bob

Apr 28, 2012 at 08:12 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.