FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Best Maui Waterfall: Hanawi Falls

gordon l
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Best Maui Waterfall: Hanawi Falls

I saw plenty of waterfalls during my trip to Maui. My Maui Waterfall Blog entery describes the waterfalls I saw while there (about 10 really good ones). But my favorite has to be this baby: Lower Hanawi Waterfall and rocky stream are an explorer's delight. Hiking up the stream, I came to the huge waterfall and plunge pool. Mist covered everything and the whole cliff face was covered with ferns and vines. What a great sense of adventure.
I posted one other photo of this waterfall last month, but wanted to work on these two a little more before posting. Both are vertical. #1 shows the waterfall as I approached it from downstream. Got me really excited to come to this view. #2 is as close I could get to the action. Mist and water got all over me and my camera as I took this wide-angle shot.

http://gordonsmith.smugmug.com/Other/Daily-Landscape-2012/i-4gTVzzp/0/XL/Lower-Hanawi-Waterfall-and-XL.jpg

http://gordonsmith.smugmug.com/Other/Daily-Landscape-2012/i-5zsDgZg/0/XL/Lower-Hanawi-Waterfall-Plunge-XL.jpg

Apr 23, 2012 at 08:59 AM
harshaj1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Best Maui Waterfall: Hanawi Falls

Beautiful shots Gordon. I prefer #1. Like the foreground. Sky in #2 is overexposed. I wonder how it would look if you crop that part.
Harsha

Apr 23, 2012 at 09:39 AM
Camperjim
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Best Maui Waterfall: Hanawi Falls

I like the first one a lot. By comparison the second is more ordinary and the burnt sky does not help.

Apr 23, 2012 at 09:41 AM
gordon l
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Best Maui Waterfall: Hanawi Falls

Thanks camperJim and Harsha. I really prefer #1 too. I wanted to include #2 even though the sky is burnt out (could not help but burn out even with multiple blended exposures without making it look very fake) just to show the power of a waterfall close up. That was really fun for me to experience and everyone ought to get up-close and personal with nature sometimes.

Gordon

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:38 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.