Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              6      
       8       end

Archive 2012 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

Robb Mann
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #1 · p.7 #1 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

This whole experience has taught me one thing -- I need to become an NPS member before pre-ordering another Nikon product.

Despite the immense frustration of this whole process the big retailers due seem to have treated everyone fairly and according to when they ordered -- excluding NPS members, of course.

May 14, 2012 at 04:06 PM
derry1
• • •
p.7 #2 · p.7 #2 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

local B&Ms are not receiving the 800E as I am 13th on the list there,,

Derry

May 14, 2012 at 06:06 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • •
p.7 #3 · p.7 #3 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

I waited anxiously for a new Nikon Camera, chose the D800E, placed a pre-order 2/7 with the most reputable dealer I thought I knew, B&H, and only one order. Now in June I understand trusting B&H was a big mistake. They have provided no customer service of any value, just prettily worded e-mails, and continue to take orders in June when not even the 2/7 orders are delivered. This all smells to pure greed, I have learned my lesson and will never come back to this photo store. Nikon also seems to be delivering randomly to all dealers regardless of how many orders they have.

Jun 03, 2012 at 03:45 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #4 · p.7 #4 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

And that's the third time you post the same paragraph. Have you nothing better to do?

Jun 03, 2012 at 04:05 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.7 #5 · p.7 #5 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

rafaelcasd wrote:
I waited anxiously for a new Nikon Camera, chose the D800E, placed a pre-order 2/7 with the most reputable dealer I thought I knew, B&H, and only one order. Now in June I understand trusting B&H was a big mistake.

We regret having caused this dissatisfaction and apologize.

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

Jun 04, 2012 at 11:53 AM
rafaelcasd
• • • •
p.7 #6 · p.7 #6 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
And that's the third time you post the same paragraph. Have you nothing better to do?

I have posted the same paragraph in different discussions, my way of filing a formal complaint. Enough non-sense on this product launch.

Jun 04, 2012 at 01:52 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • •
p.7 #7 · p.7 #7 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

henryp wrote:
We regret having caused this dissatisfaction and apologize.

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

Dear Sir, I have voiced my displeasure at the order taking and delivery of Nikon's new camera. Your apology is accepted, will patiently wait for my order with the belief that you have done the best you could, given constraints you have to deal with.

Jun 04, 2012 at 01:56 PM
DavidM5
• • •
p.7 #8 · p.7 #8 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

rafaelcasd wrote:
I waited anxiously for a new Nikon Camera, chose the D800E, placed a pre-order 2/7 with the most reputable dealer I thought I knew, B&H, and only one order. Now in June I understand trusting B&H was a big mistake. They have provided no customer service of any value, just prettily worded e-mails, and continue to take orders in June when not even the 2/7 orders are delivered. This all smells to pure greed, I have learned my lesson and will never come back to this photo store. Nikon also seems to be delivering randomly to all dealers regardless of
...Show more

Dude, it's NOT B & H's fault!
If anything you can blame this on their good reputation being their downfall in having too many pre-orders.
Nikon distribution is the one to blame here.

They seem to have failed their biggest pro dealers like B & H and sent the cameras to places like Bestbuy etc.
I am not knocking Bestbuy by the way but it's not the first place I think of when buying pro camera gear like the D800...

As for me, I also had a NPS preorder with a local camera B + M store whom I have a great relationship with and who got me my stuff pretty quick.

Jun 04, 2012 at 02:12 PM
fishjump
• • •
p.7 #9 · p.7 #9 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

FWIW, I placed my order for the D800E with B&H on the night of 2/6 (PST) - 2/7 (EST), and received my camera yesterday. you should not have much longer to wait.

Jun 05, 2012 at 08:06 AM
Ching

p.7 #10 · p.7 #10 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

D800
Ordered 2/7 morning 7:00am
Received 5/17

B&H is the best! Just make sure you order early

Serial 3011XXX
- No left focus issue
- +- 0 MA on 24-70
- LCD green tint fixed with new firmware 1.01
- CLS works with SB900

Seems they fixed all the issue

Jun 05, 2012 at 10:17 AM
surgeon1
• •
p.7 #11 · p.7 #11 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

i started this thread on April 21. I preordered my D800 from B&H on 2/7/2012 during the evening and still have not received it. Hopefully it will ship out soon. i noticed yesterday that Walmart.com had the D800 in stock ready for in store delivery or home delivery. Henry P., please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David

Jun 05, 2012 at 05:35 PM
DavidM5
• • •
p.7 #12 · p.7 #12 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

surgeon1 wrote:
i noticed yesterday that Walmart.com had the D800 in stock ready for in store delivery or home delivery. Henry P., please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
David

Walmart carries D800s now

What is this world coming to...

Jun 05, 2012 at 06:08 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • •
p.7 #13 · p.7 #13 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

Have had a D800E on order with B&H since 2/7, finally fed up started calling all the local shops in San Diego; Encinitas Photo, a small private and knowledgeable store had a D800 in stock (one), serial 3015XXX, got it for a standard price with a little help for taxes and no shipping. Camera is great, not quite the build of my D3, about the same picture quality but with 36 MP not 12 MP. Now I am finding out which of my lenses are really good. 35mm 1.4 ais and 16mm 3.5 non ai shine on it. Will keep the D800E order alive with B&H and maybe get it for Xmas, then sell the D800. Call your local shops.

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:41 AM
surgeon1
• •
p.7 #14 · p.7 #14 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

It finally shipped from B&H after ordering on 2-7-12! Excited to give it a workout! It should be here in 2 days.

David

Jun 25, 2012 at 04:03 PM
Reagan
• • • • •
p.7 #15 · p.7 #15 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

If anyone is in the Louisville Kentucky area Murphy's Camera had about 3 D800 sitting on the shelf on 6/21
I played with one even though they knew I wasn't buying. Nice people there

Reagan

Jun 25, 2012 at 05:35 PM
GroovyGeek
• • • •
p.7 #16 · p.7 #16 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

surgeon1 wrote:
i started this thread on April 21. I preordered my D800 from B&H on 2/7/2012 during the evening and still have not received it. Hopefully it will ship out soon. i noticed yesterday that Walmart.com had the D800 in stock ready for in store delivery or home delivery. Henry P., please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David

Why do you need help from Henry P. Just buy the WMT one and cancel the order with B&H. Not sure why people somehow feel they need to be "loyal" to B&H. In retail loyalty is an attribute at the margins. If one retailer is clearly not meeting comittments, then you owe them no loyalty. And before people start blasting me for lack of morals, remember, this is a for-profit transaction. When you need help 3 months from now B&H will help if it is profitable for them to do so, either immediately or in the long term. Show them "loyalty" next time they have something you need and nobody else has it. I just did, with some spare parts for a Lee foundation kit that nobody else seems to sell. But I paid for my D800 at the local B&M store.

Jul 04, 2012 at 12:17 AM
surgeon1
• •
p.7 #17 · p.7 #17 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

GroovyGeek wrote:
Why do you need help from Henry P. Just buy the WMT one and cancel the order with B&H. Not sure why people somehow feel they need to be "loyal" to B&H. In retail loyalty is an attribute at the margins. If one retailer is clearly not meeting comittments, then you owe them no loyalty. And before people start blasting me for lack of morals, remember, this is a for-profit transaction. When you need help 3 months from now B&H will help if it is profitable for them to do so, either immediately or in the long term. Show them
...Show more

I received my D800 finally last week from B&H. My preference to purchase from B&H is not based on "loyalty" but rather preference on my part. I saved paying 7% sales tax by purchasing from B&H as opposed to buying from Walmart. I prefer the customer service of B&H as opposed to Walmart among other intangibles.

Jul 04, 2012 at 10:15 AM
henryp
• • • •
p.7 #18 · p.7 #18 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

surgeon1 wrote:
I received my D800 finally last week from B&H. My preference to purchase from B&H is not based on "loyalty" but rather preference on my part. I saved paying 7% sales tax by purchasing from B&H as opposed to buying from Walmart. I prefer the customer service of B&H as opposed to Walmart among other intangibles.

Thank you.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Jul 04, 2012 at 10:22 AM
traylorc
• •
p.7 #19 · p.7 #19 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

DavidM5 wrote:
Walmart carries D800s now

What is this world coming to...

The world is coming to "profit"....and whether we like it or not, one of the largest retailers in the free world will never overlook a chance to enhance the bottom line.

Jul 04, 2012 at 04:51 PM
Desmond79
• •
p.7 #20 · p.7 #20 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

Was wondering If everyone who stayed on the list in this thread has recieved his/her d800 from bH as yet? i see it says limited pre-order only. Haven't had the time to peak and see if they actually have them in the store or just for shipping.

Aug 31, 2012 at 02:38 AM
       8       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

8       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.