Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              7       8       end

Archive 2012 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

surgeon1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

I pre-ordered a D800 from B&H on 2-7-2012. Does anyone know if B&H has shipped out any D800's, either to NPS or non-NPS customers? I keep getting the standard email stating that they are still backordered.

Thanks,
David

Apr 21, 2012 at 12:32 PM
utildayael
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

I can confirm I *have not* received mine from B&H.

Apr 21, 2012 at 01:33 PM
billyb5
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

not yet

Apr 21, 2012 at 01:37 PM
netexpress
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

I pre-ordered on 2/7 at 2:05AM and haven't received anything. I'm guessing this is going to be a long wait. The camera is very popular to say the least.

Apr 21, 2012 at 02:23 PM
derry1
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

they are playing the same recording to all callers waiting for their D800,,

Derry

Apr 21, 2012 at 02:32 PM
gshawus
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

Pleased to see I'm not the only one wondering about delivery
I ordered from B&H on 2/7/12 @ 12:32 so I feel better knowing I'm not at the very bottom of the list

Apr 21, 2012 at 03:03 PM
ferrerfoto
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

You guys should try to hit up your local shops, though at this point you will be waiting a long time no matter what. Unless you are high on B&H's list, you may be better off local, even now.

That reminds me, I need to call them to cancel my D4. Just picked it up locally 2 days ago

Apr 21, 2012 at 03:55 PM
nategigapixel
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

Greta received her D800 from BH last week: http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/2012/04/20/nikon-d800-the-best-of-the-best-check-out-these-pics-click/

Apr 21, 2012 at 04:02 PM
utildayael
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

ferrerfoto wrote:
You guys should try to hit up your local shops, though at this point you will be waiting a long time no matter what. Unless you are high on B&H's list, you may be better off local, even now.

That reminds me, I need to call them to cancel my D4. Just picked it up locally 2 days ago

++

I got in on the local shop's list and should get mine next time they get cameras in. Would have it already had I just preordered through them in the first place. Expecting to see one within the next 2 weeks supposedly. If I somehow get two I'll just post the other one up on the buy/sell for cost + shipping.

Apr 21, 2012 at 04:02 PM
surgeon1
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

I don't understand how the local camera shops get the Nikon D800 inventory before the big sellers like B&H and Amazon get their allotment.

Apr 21, 2012 at 08:44 PM
JTMeuret
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

I'm guessing it's because basically everyone gets the same allotment amount. Let's say 10 for example. The little shop has 10 people locally who ordered the D800. They all get them within a couple weeks. B&H has 10,000 people waiting (wild guess) for the D800. Well,..they are only getting 10 cameras at a time. So, I guess an obvious longer wait at the large well known dealers. Could be a year wait!!!!! Really.

Apr 21, 2012 at 09:09 PM
RoyC
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

surgeon1 wrote:
I don't understand how the local camera shops get the Nikon D800 inventory before the big sellers like B&H and Amazon get their allotment.

The NPS orders that were placed through B&H were part/all of their allotment. It would be very hard for Nikon USA to let B&H make the profit off of several hundred NPS bodies and then send them more bodies when the smaller shops have made no sales. Once the NPS orders are satisfied, I expect things to begin to clear up with the big boys non-NPS orders.

At least, that is what I suspect has happened.

JMHO

Apr 21, 2012 at 09:36 PM
chuckbernard

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

surgeon1 wrote:

I've noticed this many times over the years. The local shops get a few before the online retailers. I believe that it is Nikon's way of keeping the ma and pa shops open.

It worked for me on a couple of new lenses, a D3s back when, and the D4 this time. I was one of the first people in the U.S. to receive a D4 :-)

I realized that I would have to pay sales tax but that was a small price to pay to get the camera on the 1st day instead of waiting several months if not longer.

I can recommend this method for everyone going forward when a new lens or camera is announced.

Apr 21, 2012 at 11:21 PM
surgeon1
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

chuckbernard wrote:
I've noticed this many times over the years. The local shops get a few before the online retailers. I believe that it is Nikon's way of keeping the ma and pa shops open.

It worked for me on a couple of new lenses, a D3s back when, and the D4 this time. I was one of the first people in the U.S. to receive a D4 :-)

I realized that I would have to pay sales tax but that was a small price to pay to get the camera on the 1st day instead of waiting several months if not longer.

I can
...Show more
Your logic makes sense about the mom and pop stores getting the new release products before the mega online retailers.
David

Apr 22, 2012 at 07:59 AM
GroovyGeek
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

The ma and pa shops don't get anything before the mega retailers. However, relative to the demand for their product they are SOMETIMES better supplied. As has been said a number of times here - it is never a good idea to pre-order or back-order any item in high demand from a high profile retailer. This holds for the D800 and also for mundane items like Lee filters, which have multi-month lead times at B&H.

Apr 22, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Chris Langer
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

I got my camera back in mid-March from the local dealer. They received about 20-30 cameras I do believe, so most of the pre-orders got filled in the first shipment.

Apr 22, 2012 at 01:28 PM
surgeon1
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

Chris Langer wrote:
I got my camera back in mid-March from the local dealer. They received about 20-30 cameras I do believe, so most of the pre-orders got filled in the first shipment.

Do you like it?

David

Apr 22, 2012 at 02:48 PM
gtxtom

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

I had just ordered mine on Amazon, but have since called 2 local dealers to put my name on their list. Calumet in South Philly apparently only had 11 or 12 people on their list, so I'm hoping that they'll get a good shipment in soon. Not too excited about the 8% sales tax, but it's better than waiting ...

Apr 22, 2012 at 05:57 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

gtxtom wrote:
Not too excited about the 8% sales tax, but it's better than waiting ...

Well, you're supposed to be paying that anyway.

Apr 22, 2012 at 06:57 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Has anyone received D800 from B&H yet?

chuckbernard wrote:

I can recommend this method for everyone going forward when a new lens or camera is announced.

I pay my sales tax either way so "sales tax" is a non-issue for me. The one thing is, though, that my local shop requires a non-refundable deposit of $200 for any pre-order.

Apr 22, 2012 at 07:00 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.