Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2012 · New Ride

surfnron
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New Ride

I've been paddling an old Pungo Classic for years. Last year I bought a used Eddyline Sandpiper, but it didn't do what I wanted it to do. So I sold the sandpiper a few weeks ago and bought a Hurricane Expedition 140 Sport. I like it a lot. And I did take my gear along for a true "test" on the Maiden voyage. In order to be able to get to my gear, I made a small platform to use with the Pungo, and it works well with the Expedition too. All I have to do is clamp it down, and the Pelican case is within reach, and the cockpit is open enough to allow easy access to the 7D + 500mm.

Now to the interesting stuff. exif attached

1) 500mm landscape - I don't know if I like this shot, so looking for opinions.

2) This tree is on a little island - maybe 10-15 sq ft. I've been trying to get a decent shot of it for years, and have never been satisfied. I need to get closer so I can use a wide angle lens instead of the 500. This is posted because of the splash a spawning carp made. I've never gotten the splash before.

3) I frequently see eagles in trees, but an IF shot is uncommon.

4, 5 & 6) On the way back I spotted this GBH in my favorite spot. They always look great in the morning sun. I think it was eating carp eggs because they were spawning in the water lilies, and I never saw anything in it's mouth, but it was eating something.

7) Just before I got back to the boat launch, Ole Blue Eyes decided to check me out. I suspect some feed these geese. Full frame.

Thanx for looking, and as always, C&C appreciated ~ Ron

Apr 21, 2012 at 12:34 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New Ride

2 4 6 and 7 are my picks Ron. Looks like a nice craft, enjoy!

Morris

Apr 21, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New Ride

Ok, now that you have your numbering and images straightened around I will comment

Congrast on the new luxury liner though you are making me nervous using spring clamps to hold your gear aboard!

#3 Yes, I like it, nice contrast of elements
#4 Alligator
You sure know how to get great low lever GBH images my friend, these have you touch, nice light and lovely colors. Great exposure and detail on the last one and cool on that eye

Take care
Karl

Apr 21, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New Ride

Big congrats on the new ride Ron, looks mighty sweet

I don't know what kind of carp you have there but here the fish and game guys planted sterile carp to eat the invasive weeds and those boys are big, easily 20+ pounds. I guess nobody told them they are sterile as they go through the mating splashing and such. When they run into the yak you know it

Nice shots from the new boat, 6 just about jumped off the screen!!! Killer shot of the killer!!!

I'm nervous along with Karl about the clamps but I will assume it works well for you. I'll keep the big gun between my legs

Tim

Apr 21, 2012 at 12:48 AM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New Ride

I suspect the new boat plays a little nicer in the water than the old one. I'll have to build a platform like that for my own boat. I don't have a solid case, but the bag I use doesn't work so well on a curved desk. A platform may help.

Nice set too.

Apr 21, 2012 at 01:06 AM
thehotel
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New Ride

Nice captures.

Wacky roger

Apr 21, 2012 at 01:13 AM
Shasoc
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New Ride

Congrats on your new Expedition, Ron. Looks like is working well for you. These look very nice with 3,6 and 7 being my picks.
Socrate

Apr 21, 2012 at 01:31 AM
Lothen
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New Ride

Cool kayak Ron, My fav the 5 last shots

Per

Apr 21, 2012 at 01:47 AM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New Ride

Nice captures.

Apr 21, 2012 at 02:05 AM
Ed Robertson
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · New Ride

Congrates Ron WOOOOO HOOOOO Ed

Apr 21, 2012 at 02:30 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Yellowstone
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · New Ride

Nice captures, Ron.

Apr 21, 2012 at 03:14 AM
KirkB
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · New Ride

Congrats on the new ride Ron... I sure do envy all of you guys who can access birds via the Yak.
Great set, love the low angle and nice light on the GBH. Cool BEIF shot, and I prefer #2 landscape over #1.

Kirk

Apr 21, 2012 at 05:29 AM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · New Ride

very nice Ron .. congrats on the new kayak

Apr 21, 2012 at 08:42 AM
David Leask
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · New Ride

Good set up with the kayak Ron!
#1 doesn't do much for me but I really like #2 with the beautiful light on the tree.
All the birdy ones are fab
David

Apr 21, 2012 at 08:55 AM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · New Ride

Slick new ride Ron. I hope it gives you years of enjoyment and you continue to explore new and exciting places. Those low down shots are really nice...a different perspective for sure than photographing from shore
Eric

Apr 21, 2012 at 11:31 AM
ausmr
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · New Ride

Superb images and hey! I like your kayak too.
-mirek

Apr 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Andrwe Bazeley
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · New Ride

Good looking kayak Ron -- liked the eagle. Cheers, Andrew

Apr 21, 2012 at 02:33 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · New Ride

An excellent set, Ron- with the last image being my favorite. Those big guys are fearless, and their beaks are about crotch high. When they charge- I head for the hills .
About the first image- I like it, but I'd like it much better with less foliage and more of that beautiful reflection.
And now for a really petty nit: regarding the island- did you mean 10-15 square feet? Or 10-15 feet square? . (If it was the former- then the laugh is on me.)
Charlie

Apr 21, 2012 at 08:15 PM
CDaescher
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · New Ride

Very nice set, Ron and congrats on your new ride.
I'm with Charlie with #1. Works for me but would like to see more of the neat reflections.
Chris

Apr 21, 2012 at 09:42 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · New Ride

Wonderful set Ron . Never been a kayak , looks very interesting. Agree with Charlie and Chris on the first landscape.

Birdie

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password