Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · ColorEyes Display Pro and iMac/MBP

EGrav
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · ColorEyes Display Pro and iMac/MBP

Can someone point me to (or advise me) to clear instructions on using CEDP and Mac's? I just downloaded the new update for Lion. Their website has no manual (that I can find) and the help is very meager.
I have an iMac and MBP. Am I correct that i should choose : Luminance target- 100cd/m2; gamma target - L*; Black rendering - absolute; white point target - D65 ? And Adjust Monitor White? :?:
I arrived at these settings from searches, etc.
Also, how the heck do you interpret the graph after the profile is determined?
Thanks for any help.
E

Apr 20, 2012 at 10:02 PM
howardm4
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · ColorEyes Display Pro and iMac/MBP

Those are good 'get into the ballpark' numbers. there aren't a lot of hard absolute numbers to use during calibration but rather a lot of 'it depends'. The luminance value is OK but it depends on where the print is going to be displayed. A darker room wants lower values and the range is something like 85-120. The gamma can be either 2.2 or L* (L* gives better linearity). White target is OK @ D65 (it's the most common) although again, you can move it around a bit (I use 6000K). Black point should be around 0.3 (or 300:1 if you can specify contrast ratio)

I assume the 'graph' is the dE display and you would like to see the values around 1 or less although for the darker colors/grays, you will probably see a rising value.

Apr 21, 2012 at 12:43 PM
EGrav
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · ColorEyes Display Pro and iMac/MBP

Thanks - I need to experiment with the values. Just wish ColorEyes had a little more documentation!

Apr 21, 2012 at 01:47 PM
howardm4
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · ColorEyes Display Pro and iMac/MBP

yea, no doubt about that. I tried CEDP but settled on BasICColor instead.

If (when) you have more questions, just shout

Apr 21, 2012 at 02:08 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password