Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Event Printer Question

alanS
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Event Printer Question

What printers should i consider for an event printer. I look to have it output a 4x6 print on photo paper. Like it to output 1 print in under a minute, and be able to handle a run of 400 - 500 prints. per event.

as for background my son puts on events for a number of companies. He hired a photographer who used a green screen - Clients loved the results but the photographer is unreliable. He is looking at options among them purchasing the equipment and bringing aboard a new photographer.

As far as work flow i was thinking using capture 1 to bring the images into a laptop- then use a photoshop action to create the mask and pull in a background then print.

as far as budget would $500 be realistic for a reliable printer?

your thoughts are appreciated (including confirming i am wacky for trying this )

Thanks

Apr 20, 2012 at 04:12 PM
Gymstar

p.1 #2 · Event Printer Question

There are plenty of debates out there covering this...
Since you said your budget is $500, I'm guessing you are going with an ink jet printer. I use an Epson Artisan 730 ( $199 but you can find them onsale for $99 sometimes) with a bulk ink system. You can get 2 of them for your $500 so you have a backup. The bulk ink system I use came from Ebay and cost me about $25 and came with all ink tanks full. So far I have about 2500 prints thru this thing and still going strong with only half of the original ink used from the tanks. The Epson Artisan 730 boasts a 10 second 4x6 print time.

These printers can house two different sizes of paper if you choose to offer choices.

I'm sure others will chime in, but this is just what I use.... you could always up the budget and go with a dye-sub.....

Lance.

Apr 21, 2012 at 12:47 AM
alanS
• • •
p.1 #3 · Event Printer Question

Thanks - the bulk ink capability looks nice

Apr 24, 2012 at 06:03 PM
alanS
• • •
p.1 #4 · Event Printer Question