Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules ยท Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · #497 Can I Please Tear Them Up!

Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #497 Can I Please Tear Them Up!

Despite being a father now, and having a daughter who has had thousands of pictures taken of her in her short 10 months...this WA stumped me. I had one idea, that my model did not cooperate with me on...then I tried to think abstract...that didn't work either...so I just went with the natural emotion of my little girl...she really likes having her picture taken, and this was only her second time out in the yard, the first time she could not stand up yet. She thought my Asiatic Lillies were fun to play with....then she started to tear them to pieces, and the photo shoot was over!

So, enough babble, please say hello to Anniston Paige...desperately wanting to dismember my plants. Good luck to everyone this week.

Can I Please Tear Them Up!

Apr 16, 2012 at 08:04 PM
Bob_Martin
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #497 Can I Please Tear Them Up!

This image works on a lot of levels. Not only the sheer joy on Anniston Paige's face, but the contrast of her white outfit against the gray, the placement of her and the ensuing balance of the greenery and the overall range of the tonality. It's a winner!

Apr 16, 2012 at 09:55 PM
svassh
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #497 Can I Please Tear Them Up!

Thats Awesome!

Apr 16, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Tenn.Jer
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #497 Can I Please Tear Them Up!

What a great expression! That alone would guarantee the success of the photograph, but composition - great splash of white in the midst of all the grays - is icing on the cake...
Excellent Work.
Jerry
PS - She's a cutie!

Apr 16, 2012 at 10:59 PM
robert829
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #497 Can I Please Tear Them Up!

Very nice capture Travis your daughter looks adorable nice take on the theme

Apr 17, 2012 at 02:27 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #497 Can I Please Tear Them Up!

Bob_Martin wrote:
This image works on a lot of levels. Not only the sheer joy on Anniston Paige's face, but the contrast of her white outfit against the gray, the placement of her and the ensuing balance of the greenery and the overall range of the tonality. It's a winner!

Thanks Bob. She was overjoyed with tearing up my plants, but more so, she is just a happy baby, and when the camera is pointed at her, she knows to turn it on! Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated.

Apr 17, 2012 at 05:43 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #497 Can I Please Tear Them Up!

svassh wrote:
Thats Awesome!

Thanks! She is awesome, but I am a little biased!

Apr 17, 2012 at 05:44 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #497 Can I Please Tear Them Up!

Tenn.Jer wrote:
What a great expression! That alone would guarantee the success of the photograph, but composition - great splash of white in the midst of all the grays - is icing on the cake...
Excellent Work.
Jerry
PS - She's a cutie!

Thanks for the kind words Jerry. She is a girl of many expressions, I have made it my goal to capture all of them. Glad you like it.

Apr 17, 2012 at 05:45 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #497 Can I Please Tear Them Up!

robert829 wrote:
Very nice capture Travis your daughter looks adorable nice take on the theme

Thanks Robert. I struggled with the theme this week...I hope one child works for "Children"...I don't have two, and going to the park with a camera and taking pictures of kids...well, that might get me more than harassed by the police!

Apr 17, 2012 at 05:46 AM
mark fadely
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #497 Can I Please Tear Them Up!

Super job Travis, and great job to your little model. Looks like she came through with a great pose and expression for you. Looks like somebody likes her Dad even though he bugs her taking photos all the time.

Apr 17, 2012 at 07:19 AM
Mairi
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · #497 Can I Please Tear Them Up!

What a cutie! Not a bad photo either ;-)

I think the conversion to black and white works really well with this shot and I like the composition too. Oh, by the way, can I have her? ;-)

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · #497 Can I Please Tear Them Up!

mark fadely wrote:
Super job Travis, and great job to your little model. Looks like she came through with a great pose and expression for you. Looks like somebody likes her Dad even though he bugs her taking photos all the time.

Thanks Mark. She actually loves to have her picture taken, when she sees the camera come out, she starts to ham it up. She knows that my attention is all hers, just the way she wants it!

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · #497 Can I Please Tear Them Up!

Mairi wrote:
What a cutie! Not a bad photo either ;-)

I think the conversion to black and white works really well with this shot and I like the composition too. Oh, by the way, can I have her? ;-)

Thanks Mairi. The B&W conversion was not my original idea, but the color version the green dominated too much, so I worked quite a bit at getting the greens to be more subtle in the conversion, and get her to pop more...no, I am sorry, you can't have her...I would miss her entirely too much. She is our one and only.

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:15 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · #497 Can I Please Tear Them Up!

Wonderful shot not just technically but a wonderful capture of a moment . A moment I'm sure you will enjoy for a long time.

Birdie

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · #497 Can I Please Tear Them Up!

birdied wrote:
Wonderful shot not just technically but a wonderful capture of a moment . A moment I'm sure you will enjoy for a long time.

Birdie

Thanks for taking the time to comment Roberta. It was a fun moment, and last night after I posted the entry, I sat and laughed at the original for a while...she is always good for a laugh.

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:54 PM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · #497 Can I Please Tear Them Up!

A cute photo, Travis. You may want to continue photographing her as she destroys your things. I once submitted photographic evidence to my local assessment council - asking for a lower property assessment due to the damage my 7 kids did to the property. They laughed, but still increased my taxes.

Apr 19, 2012 at 01:57 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · #497 Can I Please Tear Them Up!

James Markus wrote:
A cute photo, Travis. You may want to continue photographing her as she destroys your things. I once submitted photographic evidence to my local assessment council - asking for a lower property assessment due to the damage my 7 kids did to the property. They laughed, but still increased my taxes.

. She has ruined the carpets, does that count? Thanks for taking the time James.

Apr 19, 2012 at 01:59 PM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.