Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules ยท Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · #497 Bug Hunt

Mairi
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #497 Bug Hunt

My son Aidan and his friend Finn had a lot of fun this weekend searching for creepy crawlies and rock climbing at our local beach. A great time was had by all. :-)

Apr 16, 2012 at 04:42 PM
mark fadely
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #497 Bug Hunt

Welcome back Mairi! Great shot showing youngsters in their natural habitat doing what they do. I like the backlighting too.

Apr 16, 2012 at 06:04 PM
Tenn.Jer
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #497 Bug Hunt

Nice composition, and the sort-of-desaturated-sepia processing gives it a nice, old-fashioned look...
Jerry

Apr 16, 2012 at 06:36 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #497 Bug Hunt

I REALLY like this one, it makes me think back to when I was a kid, and I really like the processing, it really gives it a nice vintage look, which makes it very timeless. It could have been taken 40 years ago, or 40 minutes, very nicely done.

Apr 16, 2012 at 08:07 PM
svassh
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #497 Bug Hunt

Terrific shot!

Apr 17, 2012 at 09:32 AM
Hightraxx
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #497 Bug Hunt

Nice shot, and cute kids, I have to be honest everything about your shot is great but the overexposure from the sunlight is just too overwhelming, I know split second shots are hard to adjust for everything, but a retake with something to shade the sides of their heads would make the photo more pleasing to the eye, I find it hard to tell everyone the same thing when I feel I can maybe help make their next shot a little better.

Norm

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Mairi
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #497 Bug Hunt

mark fadely wrote:
Welcome back Mairi! Great shot showing youngsters in their natural habitat doing what they do. I like the backlighting too.

Cheers Mark, they were very messy by the end of the day and soaked through having been wading through rock pools etc. :-) It's good to be back in the game. The last few weeks I've just been a spectator but this week i thought I'd bite the bullet and submit something.

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Mairi
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #497 Bug Hunt

Tenn.Jer wrote:
Nice composition, and the sort-of-desaturated-sepia processing gives it a nice, old-fashioned look...
Jerry

Thanks Jerry, glad you like it. :-)

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Mairi
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #497 Bug Hunt

Travis Rhoads wrote:
I REALLY like this one, it makes me think back to when I was a kid, and I really like the processing, it really gives it a nice vintage look, which makes it very timeless. It could have been taken 40 years ago, or 40 minutes, very nicely done.

Thanks for the amazing feedback Travis. I'm grinning right now. :-)

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Mairi
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #497 Bug Hunt

svassh wrote:
Terrific shot!

Thank you! :-)

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Mairi
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · #497 Bug Hunt

Hightraxx wrote:
Nice shot, and cute kids, I have to be honest everything about your shot is great but the overexposure from the sunlight is just too overwhelming, I know split second shots are hard to adjust for everything, but a retake with something to shade the sides of their heads would make the photo more pleasing to the eye, I find it hard to tell everyone the same thing when I feel I can maybe help make their next shot a little better.

Norm

Hey Norm, thanks for your great comments and advice. I really appreciate what you say. I actually blew the highlights out intentionally in this shot. I know it's not for everyone but I kinda like it like this. I might have another play around though and see what I can achieve by keeping more detail in the hair and the side of Aidan's face. Thanks again!

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:40 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · #497 Bug Hunt

Lovely capture of a moment of discovery . Love the sunlight through the blonde hair.

Birdie

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Mairi
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · #497 Bug Hunt

birdied wrote:
Lovely capture of a moment of discovery . Love the sunlight through the blonde hair.

Birdie

Thank you. Yeah, I liked Finn's hair in the sunlight too. I think I have blonde envy. ;-)

Apr 17, 2012 at 01:03 PM
prasanna
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · #497 Bug Hunt

beautiful shot... I am almost sure this is a winner...

Apr 17, 2012 at 02:36 PM
Mairi
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · #497 Bug Hunt

prasanna wrote:
beautiful shot... I am almost sure this is a winner...

Wow, high praise indeed, thank you! I hope you're right but I doubt it, lol.

Apr 17, 2012 at 03:07 PM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.