Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Insurance / CPS Equipment Loans

explorerhv
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Insurance / CPS Equipment Loans

will be shopping for insurance to cover photography / printing equipment - have currently had this under my homeowners policy, but need to move this to the business side

Wondering if any have insurance that covers equipment loans from CPS - recently demoed a 1DsMark3, was a bit nervous seeing that CPS would charge in excess of $13,000 if stolen, etc. - lot of liability - and the cost to send back insured next state over was over $100

thanks for any help

Apr 16, 2012 at 08:00 PM
mkchang
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Insurance / CPS Equipment Loans

I spoke with my insurance company about some loaner gear from NPS and they told me to just add it to my schedule when I get it and just let them know when I return it and they'll take it off.

Apr 16, 2012 at 09:09 PM
larhouser
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Insurance / CPS Equipment Loans

Check out Hill and Usher - they get lots of good reviews here - very easy to add/delete gear from your covered list via their website.

Warning on link - hit the mute button!

http://packagechoice.com/index.jsp#htwms

Apr 19, 2012 at 01:22 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sivrajbm
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Insurance / CPS Equipment Loans

larhouser wrote:
Check out Hill and Usher - they get lots of good reviews here - very easy to add/delete gear from your covered list via their website.

Warning on link - hit the mute button!

http://packagechoice.com/index.jsp#htwms

+1 on H&U...

May 08, 2012 at 05:00 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Insurance / CPS Equipment Loans

I'm more curious how CPS justifies a $13,000 replacement fee for a camera that retails for a little more than half that. I use Tom C. Pickard Insurance as do many many other photographers. Their service is the best out there and they really know the photography business.

May 08, 2012 at 07:47 AM
bruce smith 10

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Insurance / CPS Equipment Loans

I use Marsh for my Liability and also a seperate policy for Equipment Insurance. I think about $350 for up to $15,000 equipment ins. I had a loner from CPS last August value was $14,000. Marsh increased the Prem but after I returned it in two weeks they pro rated the prem.

May 09, 2012 at 03:57 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password