1       2       3              8      
       end

Archive 2012 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

alundeb
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.9 #1 · p.9 #1 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

timbop wrote:
I dunno - I've had a 7d since they came out, and have never had a problem shooting weddings. I just select the AF point I want before hand and just fully depress the shutter. In oneShot mode (which I assume you are using since you're waiting for a beep) with AF on the shutter button the shutter trips once AF is achieved. It's actually pretty simple, and the reason I have never used the * button for AF.

Now I finally understood why someone wants to use the * button for AF. It allows them to decide for the timing, not leave it to the random AF lock delay to decide when the shutter is released. BTW I am not a wedding photographer.

Apr 16, 2012 at 11:29 AM
js13052

p.9 #2 · p.9 #2 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

all these issues would go away if canon would step up and make cameras a little more professional.
they are dedicating all the technology to wedding photographers it seems like, it is a mickey mouse world... little buttons for this, adjustments for that, digital lenses ?, programs, and just basically stupid stuff that should NOT be in a professional camera.
I know technology advances, but back in the day a professional camera had no battery and it worked on manual and any respectable professional only shoots manual with a hand held meter.
canon !!! this is not disneyland wake up ! it is a joke ! all the crap you try to put in a camera to compete with nikon ? seriously ? GPS ? who the F$&* cares !!!
Make a full chip camera that shoots 8 frames a second with rear focus button you can switch on the fly not spend 3 hours trying to figure it out, make three size of raws and just make it manual ! Make a real professional camera... tv, av, program... Seriously ? the professionals I know NEVER use programs... who cares about wedding guys anyway... they should be using a hasselbald if it matters anyway... they shoot one shot at a time.
I am disgusted by this stupid race of technology that is pointless and absurd.
i don't know about you guys but i get paid to shoot pictures and i expect my tools to be professional.
But I guess that makes sales and also, mediocre photographers...
Thanks canon

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:55 AM
lhdvries
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.9 #3 · p.9 #3 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

js13052 wrote:
all these issues would go away if canon would step up and make cameras a little more professional.
they are dedicating all the technology to wedding photographers it seems like, it is a mickey mouse world... little buttons for this, adjustments for that, digital lenses ?, programs, and just basically stupid stuff that should NOT be in a professional camera.
I know technology advances, but back in the day a professional camera had no battery and it worked on manual and any respectable professional only shoots manual with a hand held meter.
canon !!! this is not disneyland wake up ! it is
...Show more

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM
js13052

p.9 #4 · p.9 #4 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

yes you get a good laugh because you shoot on the green square or program...

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:21 AM
4x4rock
• • •
p.9 #5 · p.9 #5 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

Can you go and tell Nikon this?
Also go post on their forum too.
See if Nikon will make one for your professional friends.

js13052 wrote:
...Show more

Apr 18, 2012 at 03:48 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.9 #6 · p.9 #6 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

He signed up today to just post that..... Don't feed the troll, I'd say .

Apr 18, 2012 at 03:51 PM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
p.9 #7 · p.9 #7 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

Wow ... seriously. How old are you, analog guy? The learning curve of all things digital is too steep for you? Most of us here wish to move forward ... not backwards.

js13052 wrote:
...Show more

Apr 18, 2012 at 05:14 PM
BiggHarry
• •
p.9 #8 · p.9 #8 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

timbop wrote:
I dunno - I've had a 7d since they came out, and have never had a problem shooting weddings. I just select the AF point I want before hand and just fully depress the shutter. In oneShot mode (which I assume you are using since you're waiting for a beep) with AF on the shutter button the shutter trips once AF is achieved. It's actually pretty simple, and the reason I have never used the * button for AF.

+1
I'm still to experience this "problem" on my new 5D3

Apr 18, 2012 at 05:49 PM
timbop
• • • • •
p.9 #9 · p.9 #9 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

alundeb wrote:
Now I finally understood why someone wants to use the * button for AF. It allows them to decide for the timing, not leave it to the random AF lock delay to decide when the shutter is released. BTW I am not a wedding photographer.

I only do that for the processionals/intros - instead of using AI servo and GUESSING if the AF locked/subject is in focus. Unfortunately, in AI servo you can take shots that AREN'T in focus and not even know it until its too late. For stationary subjects, I half depress to focus and then fully depress when the subject has a good expression or whatever. It really is very easy to do

Apr 18, 2012 at 06:44 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.