FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4              8       9       end

Archive 2012 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

cineski
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

They should also add viewfinder focus confirmation light issues to the recall fix as well as updating to the latest SD card slot.

Chumma wrote:
Canon has two product advisories relating to 5D III on their website:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_5d_mark_iii?pageKeyCode=43

Apr 12, 2012 at 05:19 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

Canon forgot to add the DR enhancement circuits to the sensor, these will be retrofitted at no extra cost. Nikon's 3 days in the limelight is over already.
http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/ielh.gif

Apr 12, 2012 at 06:08 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

Pixel Perfect wrote:
Canon forgot to add the DR enhancement circuits to the sensor, these will be retrofitted at no extra cost. Nikon's 3 days in the limelight is over already.
http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/ielh.gif

maybe they dug up your division's DR trick after all hah

Apr 12, 2012 at 06:31 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

it sure as heck would be nice if it were to add in zebra striping, focus peaking and 1.6x 1920x1080 cropped mode for video, that might get the video guys back singing the praises right away

i highly doubt it, it took mountains of griping and petitions and major industry players to even so much as get manual exposure and 24p into 5D2

but man would it be great and help them

(may as well remove silly autoiso Av max min shutter speed limit too while they are at it)

(and fix the eyefi problem if that is real)

Apr 12, 2012 at 06:34 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

That would be a real shame if 5DMkIII ends up being recalled. Hopefully, a few firmware updates should stabilise the camera design.

The 5DMkIII has shown a major promise as a very capable and versatile camera.......a few minor tweaks should make everybody happy.

However, this is a good reminder that one should not be rushing with the purchase of a new camera model. Price considerations aside, it looks like there is a longstanding tendency to release those cameras to the market prematurely. Yes, that lesson was learned with 1DMkIII, and I will certainly not forget it when it comes to 1DX.

Apr 12, 2012 at 06:50 PM
Fr3d
• •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

Obviously they want the meter to work correctly when the lens cap is on. Hence the recall.

Apr 12, 2012 at 07:01 PM
Chad S
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

PetKal wrote:
However, this is a good reminder that one should not be rushing with the purchase of a new camera model.

Speak for yourself.

I'm glad I jumped on it, even if a few minor issues arise.

Apr 12, 2012 at 07:10 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

Canonrumors reports it is for a firmware revision or maybe new DPP but just a holdback and not a recall of exisiting cameras already out there.

Apr 12, 2012 at 07:13 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

skibum5 wrote:
maybe they dug up your division's DR trick after all hah

Shoosh, we are keeping that secret to catch Nikon by surprise.

I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it.

Apr 12, 2012 at 07:15 PM
Cinepixtor Media
• •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

twistedlim wrote:
I am glad I have a really nice mkII, sorry could not resist. Thanks for the body. For what it is worth I have not had issue one with my MK3. But heck I have just been shooting with the lens cap off.

Apr 12, 2012 at 07:22 PM
Peter Le
• • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

apdieb wrote:
I hope there is a recall. I am about sick and tired of getting ERR 80 on mine and having to pull the battery to reset camera. Of course, I think I'll be sending mine back to B&H. I refuse to accept a defective body straight from the manufacturer.. Been there, done that with my 1D3... Never again.

Would think after your Mark III adventure you would be hesitant buying a new "Conundrum" camera before it is proven and the bugs are worked out......I guess it was just to tempting....

Apr 12, 2012 at 07:58 PM
Arun Gupta
• •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

When Roger at lensrentals.com did his 5d3 "striptease" the Canon guys looked at it and said, #!@**!!!!! the thingymajig is missing, we forgot to put it in.

Apr 12, 2012 at 08:03 PM
cheem
• •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

I think they realized they forgot the 36MP sensor

Apr 12, 2012 at 08:22 PM
elfanucchi
• •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

apdieb wrote:
I hope there is a recall. I am about sick and tired of getting ERR 80 on mine and having to pull the battery to reset camera. Of course, I think I'll be sending mine back to B&H. I refuse to accept a defective body straight from the manufacturer.. Been there, done that with my 1D3... Never again.

Amazing ... History repeats !!
Kinda like buying a Ford Pinto twice !!
Buy you did.
You accepted a defective 1D3 from Canon and Shot Off about it for a year ...

Edited on Apr 13, 2012 at 10:26 AM · View previous versions

Apr 12, 2012 at 08:34 PM
Hrow
• • • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

Ian.Dobinson wrote:
No , I bet its to redesign the bottom to fit the new RRS Plates

Huge score for Ian on this one!!! We should start a "Best of comments" thread with this leading the way.

Apr 12, 2012 at 08:43 PM
Deezie
• • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

I wonder what it could be. Mine has performed without error on a couple shoots, now. Hmm...

Apr 12, 2012 at 08:48 PM
kirry007
• • •
[X]
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

Arun Gupta wrote:
When Roger at lensrentals.com did his 5d3 "striptease" the Canon guys looked at it and said, #!@**!!!!! the thingymajig is missing, we forgot to put it in.

Imagine his situation now, he might have to send back 79 of them...except for the one that he opened up....

Good thing the NYC stores were closed this past weekend, I was about to pull the trigger on a 5d3.....

Apr 12, 2012 at 08:51 PM
taojones
• •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

I have the 5Dmk3 and over a 5 day shoot it froze on me about 8 times were I had to take the battery out to boot it up. Canon want me to send it back but I have another big concert to shoot maybe afterwards. The camera is hard to let go of once you use it. It is so good in low light situations and a real pleasure to shoot with. The photos are stunning straight out of the camera and I shoot in raw. They are sharper and really pop with colour. Link below if anyone is interested in seeing a few...ISO range 1250=6400, 70-200f2.8

http://www.facebook.com/taojonesphotographer

Apr 12, 2012 at 08:51 PM
DocsPics
• • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

It just seems odd to me that the camera and software would be released with such obvious defects, defects which should have become apparent with pre-release product testing. Did they not test multiple lenses of all focal lengths on the camera to make sure the AF and other electronic functions worked properly? Did they not have independent groups of persons test the latest DPP prior to shipping the first camera? This is a major international company acting like a Mom & Pop start-up. (But none the less....this is a cool camera )

Apr 12, 2012 at 09:42 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · 5D mark III "Stock Delayed"

Arun Gupta wrote:

is the thingymajg the sensor?

(just messing)

Apr 12, 2012 at 09:42 PM
1       2      

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.