Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              49      
50
       51              90       91       end
  

f/1.2 or faster lenses wide open
  
 
a.RodriguezPix
Offline
• • • •
Account locked
p.50 #1 · p.50 #1 · f/1.2 or faster lenses wide open


carstenw wrote:
Ah, I see. Yes, that camera seemed to cause you some trouble, probably better to go this way. But, err, then you are in the wrong forum, or? That is Canon AF lens on Canon body. Off to the Canon forum you go then

I am fine, although life is too busy, and I barely find time or subject to photograph at the moment. I miss it.



You are correct! I hadn't realized the sub forum's title! Thanks for making me aware, off to Canon land I go!
I guess my main issue, was fear, fear of ruing 120 film, so I stuck with Polaroid and loved it! The Rollei is an awesome camera, and it will be sorely missed, but, alas, I am insane!!



Nov 09, 2013 at 10:13 PM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #2 · p.50 #2 · f/1.2 or faster lenses wide open


Haha!

Maybe pick up a real Polaroid camera then? There are some neat ones.



Nov 09, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Peire
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #3 · p.50 #3 · f/1.2 or faster lenses wide open


All NEX7+Canon FD SSC 55/1.2 at f1.2




























Nov 10, 2013 at 08:50 AM
joanlvh
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.50 #4 · p.50 #4 · f/1.2 or faster lenses wide open


ARodriguezpics. I enjoy your images, thanks for posting.

About the discussion concerning the correct forum, the original poster included this paragraph when he began the forum "i figured since the question of fast lenses and which are sharpest/have the best bokeh/will magically make me a decent photographer comes up a lot we should just start a thread showing examples from all our ultrafast lenses wide open to direct people to. so post any images you have from an f/1.2 or faster lens wide open even if it's not alt (for comparison purposes). please also post what format (e.g. 4/3, aps-c, FF, truck camera)"
sounds like not alt is fine as long as its shot at 1.2 ?



Nov 11, 2013 at 03:12 PM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #5 · p.50 #5 · f/1.2 or faster lenses wide open


carstenw wrote:
Ah, I see. Yes, that camera seemed to cause you some trouble, probably better to go this way. But, err, then you are in the wrong forum, or? That is Canon AF lens on Canon body. Off to the Canon forum you go then


just a reminder carsten, this thread does allow canon on canon and nikon on nikon as long as they are f/1.2 lenses (i mention it in the OP). the thread is designed as a common place to compare all the available super-fast lenses (faster than f/1.4), and it would be less useful if the canon EF f/1.2 lenses are not included.



Nov 11, 2013 at 05:33 PM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #6 · p.50 #6 · f/1.2 or faster lenses wide open


a picture, rokkor 58/1.2 on a NEX-5N:









Nov 11, 2013 at 05:36 PM
a.RodriguezPix
Offline
• • • •
Account locked
p.50 #7 · p.50 #7 · f/1.2 or faster lenses wide open


joanlvh wrote:
ARodriguezpics. I enjoy your images, thanks for posting.

About the discussion concerning the correct forum, the original poster included this paragraph when he began the forum "i figured since the question of fast lenses and which are sharpest/have the best bokeh/will magically make me a decent photographer comes up a lot we should just start a thread showing examples from all our ultrafast lenses wide open to direct people to. so post any images you have from an f/1.2 or faster lens wide open even if it's not alt (for comparison purposes). please also post what format (e.g. 4/3, aps-c, FF,
...Show more


Thanks for letting me now! Prepare for more cat photo's!



Nov 11, 2013 at 07:09 PM
joanlvh
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.50 #8 · p.50 #8 · f/1.2 or faster lenses wide open


nex 7 + Nikon 50mm 1.2












Nov 11, 2013 at 08:31 PM
a.RodriguezPix
Offline
• • • •
Account locked
p.50 #9 · p.50 #9 · f/1.2 or faster lenses wide open



a.rollei.brujo.rodriguez666-2 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr



Nov 11, 2013 at 08:36 PM
snapsy
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.50 #10 · p.50 #10 · f/1.2 or faster lenses wide open


50L f/1.2 on 5DM2:













Nov 11, 2013 at 08:42 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



michael49
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #11 · p.50 #11 · f/1.2 or faster lenses wide open


sebboh wrote:
just a reminder carsten, this thread does allow canon on canon and nikon on nikon as long as they are f/1.2 lenses (i mention it in the OP). the thread is designed as a common place to compare all the available super-fast lenses (faster than f/1.4), and it would be less useful if the canon EF f/1.2 lenses are not included.



Makes sense, f/1.2 (or faster) lenses are uncommon enough to make them "Alt" by default I guess.



Nov 11, 2013 at 09:10 PM
a.RodriguezPix
Offline
• • • •
Account locked
p.50 #12 · p.50 #12 · f/1.2 or faster lenses wide open


Canon 5D plus EF 85mm f/1.2 @ 1.2




a.rollei.brujo.rodriguez666 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr




a.rollei.brujo.rodriguez666-4 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr






a.rollei.brujo.rodriguez666-12 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

a.rollei.brujo.rodriguez666-14 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr




Nov 11, 2013 at 09:11 PM
a.RodriguezPix
Offline
• • • •
Account locked
p.50 #13 · p.50 #13 · f/1.2 or faster lenses wide open






a.rollei.brujo.rodriguez666-20 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr



Nov 11, 2013 at 09:12 PM
a.RodriguezPix
Offline
• • • •
Account locked
p.50 #14 · p.50 #14 · f/1.2 or faster lenses wide open


<3


a.rollei.brujo.rodriguez666-25 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr



Nov 11, 2013 at 09:15 PM
Nima M
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #15 · p.50 #15 · f/1.2 or faster lenses wide open


those watermarks make your shots look so awful


Nov 11, 2013 at 11:24 PM
a.RodriguezPix
Offline
• • • •
Account locked
p.50 #16 · p.50 #16 · f/1.2 or faster lenses wide open


funwithlight wrote:
those watermarks make your shots look so awful

Yeah



Nov 11, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Nima M
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #17 · p.50 #17 · f/1.2 or faster lenses wide open


maybe make it a bit smaller? they're a bit distracting from the overall shots which i think are fine.


Nov 11, 2013 at 11:45 PM
snapsy
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.50 #18 · p.50 #18 · f/1.2 or faster lenses wide open


6D + 50L. There's some funky OOF effect off the white umbrella in the background. I'm including a full-sized link if anyone who can explain what it is (flash/umbrella weren't used for the exposure).

EDIT: Turns out it was a power cable in the background.

Full-Sized Image Link








Nov 13, 2013 at 03:13 AM
a.RodriguezPix
Offline
• • • •
Account locked
p.50 #19 · p.50 #19 · f/1.2 or faster lenses wide open



a.rollei.brujo.rodriguez666-3 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr



Nov 13, 2013 at 04:29 AM
ronfronberg
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.50 #20 · p.50 #20 · f/1.2 or faster lenses wide open


eos m canon 58mm 1.2 fl taken at 1/80 @ 1.2
wine glass




Edited on Nov 14, 2013 at 05:21 PM · View previous versions



Nov 13, 2013 at 06:29 AM
1       2       3              49      
50
       51              90       91       end






FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              49      
50
       51              90       91       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password