Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Oh where oh where did my ink go?

Norman my love
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Oh where oh where did my ink go?

My Epson R1800 is a mind boggling ink sucking monster. In the past when I have not printed for a couple months, it was never a problem. I recently downloaded the new driver for Win 7 to make sure all was well. This time it printed one small print fine, then showed a few low ink cartridges. Even though they didn't look that low they were flagged and it would not print until each one was replaced. So I had to print a few nozzle checks and cleaned a couple times and it requested that I replace each ink. Ones that were not low were showing as low, until I replaced all of them. The blue one, even though brand new, failed the nozzle check and so I cleaned a couple more times. Now all the brand new cartridges that I never printed a single print on are showing 1/4 full. This thing just sucked $150 out of me without printing a single print. I also remember that the old driver, while the inks were flagged as low, would still print. To get the blue fixed, I already put the very bottom of the cartridge in some hot water, which helped, but now I'm going to drop a few drops of 1/2 Windex and 1/2 water on the parking pad and let it sit. I heard that might help.

Apr 12, 2012 at 03:24 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Oh where oh where did my ink go?

I have to say the R1800 was the single worst thing I ever bought.

It is now sitting in a cupboard with a head thats clogged to the point of being dead. Any resolutions I've tried (And Ive tried lots) have resulted in a slightly less clogged but still clogged head.

When I consider the amount of decent prints I got out of it against the cost of the ink and A3 paper I just want to cry.

My guess is if you used it every day it would be happy , but leave more than a couple of days and it was hell.
My catastrophic head clog was the result of having to store the printer unused for 3 months.

Never again!

Apr 12, 2012 at 04:04 PM
Jo Dilbeck
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Oh where oh where did my ink go?

Ian.Dobinson wrote:
I have to say the R1800 was the single worst thing I ever bought.

It is now sitting in a cupboard with a head thats clogged to the point of being dead. Any resolutions I've tried (And Ive tried lots) have resulted in a slightly less clogged but still clogged head.

When I consider the amount of decent prints I got out of it against the cost of the ink and A3 paper I just want to cry.

My guess is if you used it every day it would be happy , but leave more than a couple of days and it was
...Show more

Ditto Here! The R1800 had to be used almost every day to keep things "going" smoothly, and not clog up. I shouted hallelujah when I upgraded to the 3800 and never have looked back. Yes, the ink carts are more expensive, but they are bigger and seem to last almost forever. I usually end up running low on two around the same time, never do I have to replace all at once. $100 or so for two carts every 3-4 months isn't so awful bad when you see the images that come out of it!

Jo

Apr 16, 2012 at 06:17 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password