Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · A few water birds
  
 
hayath
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A few water birds



From the Gujarat trip I did earlier in January.

1. Purple heron, unlucky enough to catch it in it's own wing's shadow


2. Great egret


3. Sand plover(?)


4. Crab plovers - apparently they are found in just a handful of places around the world. One of the few birds which don't need color to shine!


5. Brown headed gull - can't seem to get my whites right


All shot with the Canon 550D, Sigma 150-500, f8

C&C sought

Cheers,
Hayath



Apr 11, 2012 at 04:38 AM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A few water birds


Nice variety


Apr 11, 2012 at 05:14 AM
ashley138
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A few water birds


So Awesome!! These are all great shots, and a variety of very cool species. I'd love to see those plovers! (3 looks like a Lesser Sand Plover - but don't quote me on that)


Apr 11, 2012 at 05:16 AM
CDaescher
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A few water birds


Very nice set, Hayath.
I think #4 looks really special. Well done.
Chris



Apr 11, 2012 at 08:31 PM
KCollett
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A few water birds


A really nice set of images Hayath!


Apr 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Tim Kuhn
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A few water birds


can't seem to get my whites right I don't know Hayath, you nailed the whites on the Plovers There you captured many subtle shades of white. Be diligent checking you LCD after your shots, you can then correct/adjust as needed and you will nail them all the time Great set, I'm going with the Plovers. They look so formal/elegant almost like backwards tuxedos!

Tim



Apr 12, 2012 at 12:51 AM
anthony whitmo
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A few water birds


These are great


Apr 12, 2012 at 01:04 AM
dorian
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A few water birds


nice work - i agree with the others that the crab plover shot is very cool. we just need one non-conformist to be looking right!


Apr 12, 2012 at 02:30 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · A few water birds


Very nice set Hayath. The 4th is my pick

Morris



Apr 12, 2012 at 02:35 AM
surfnron
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · A few water birds


Another very nice set Hayath. 3 is my pick, but 4 sure is a pretty bird ~ Ron


Apr 12, 2012 at 02:43 AM
DonGut
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · A few water birds


That's a lot of plovers. I saw them off Tanzania. Don


Apr 12, 2012 at 04:23 AM
hayath
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · A few water birds


Conrad Tan wrote:
Nice variety


Thanks mate! A lot more coming up with a report written, in CT Style (with tons of pics)

ashley138 wrote:
So Awesome!! These are all great shots, and a variety of very cool species. I'd love to see those plovers! (3 looks like a Lesser Sand Plover - but don't quote me on that)


Thanks Ashley, #3 does seem to be a lesser sand plover.

CDaescher wrote:
Very nice set, Hayath.
I think #4 looks really special. Well done.
Chris


Thank you Chris!

KCollett wrote:
A really nice set of images Hayath!


Thanks much

Tim Kuhn wrote:
can't seem to get my whites right I don't know Hayath, you nailed the whites on the Plovers There you captured many subtle shades of white. Be diligent checking you LCD after your shots, you can then correct/adjust as needed and you will nail them all the time Great set, I'm going with the Plovers. They look so formal/elegant almost like backwards tuxedos!

Tim


Thanks Tim for the tip and those kind words. Yeah these have a certain elegance about them.

anthony whitmo wrote:
These are great


Thank you Anthony.

dorian wrote:
nice work - i agree with the others that the crab plover shot is very cool. we just need one non-conformist to be looking right!


Thank you Dorian. Yeah a single one looking in the opposite direction would've made it more interesting

morris wrote:
Very nice set Hayath. The 4th is my pick

Morris


Thanks Morris!

surfnron wrote:
Another very nice set Hayath. 3 is my pick, but 4 sure is a pretty bird ~ Ron


Thank you for the pick Ron!

DonGut wrote:
That's a lot of plovers. I saw them off Tanzania. Don


Ah, that must be one of the "other" places these are found in, any shots to share?

Adding a few more of the Crab plovers, as we kept inching closer




Cheers,
Hayath



Apr 12, 2012 at 05:28 AM
kmunroe
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · A few water birds


very nice Hayath.. i like the plovers also


Apr 12, 2012 at 08:21 AM
hayath
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · A few water birds


Thank you Kenny


Apr 12, 2012 at 12:29 PM
David Leask
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · A few water birds


Lovely shots Hayath, all very nice particularly #4
David



Apr 12, 2012 at 06:07 PM
hayath
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · A few water birds


Thank you David


Apr 12, 2012 at 06:12 PM





FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password