Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Seagulls and the Sigma 120-400 APO DG for Canon

davidmarsh
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Seagulls and the Sigma 120-400 APO DG for Canon

I was trying out a new Sigma 120-400 HSM APO DG, Canon fit, on a Canon 5D MK II and whilst I was impressed with this lens, I really was knocked back by this shot. Not becuase I think it's great photography, but more at the ability of this large lens. I literaly pointed and clicked at some speed and yet this Sigma, normaly associated with focusing issues, caught this bird in perfect focus and speed just as it was about to take flight. We use the Canon L 100-400 'push pull' and frankly prefer the Sigma for the simple reason, it is NOT a 'push pull' dust collector but also just as good in all areas as the Canon and less heavy! It may not have weather sealing but how often do people actualy take images in the rain or really moist places? For those that do there are not a lot of lenses out there that cover this zoom range anyway!

davidmarsh 2012

Apr 09, 2012 at 10:05 AM
douter
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Seagulls and the Sigma 120-400 APO DG for Canon

Nice capture. A little dark around the eye.
Douglas

Apr 09, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Seagulls and the Sigma 120-400 APO DG for Canon

Congrats on the lens

Apr 09, 2012 at 05:10 PM
gt13013

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Seagulls and the Sigma 120-400 APO DG for Canon

Canon 100-400: 1380 g
Sigma 120-400: 1750 g
And you say the Sigma is less heavy than the Canon Huh...

Other thing: you say Canon 100-400 is a "push pull dust collector". Push pull is undeniable, but why "dust collector"? The Sigma also has its volume changing a lot when zooming, and it means that air comes in and out, just as in the Canon... Even if the way of zooming differs!

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:04 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password