Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Just got the 5D3 and I've been chasing the kids around th...

dkmiles1
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Just got the 5D3 and I've been chasing the kids around the house...

Just to test this thing... Having gotten use to "working around" the 5D2's outer focus points for so long I forgot what it felt like to capture shots the way I originally compose them. The AF on this thing is just insane, it's all relative I'm sure, but I swear it focuses with sonar. Its like it can see in the dark.

I don't have a paid job until Tuesday so I've been messing around with the camera chasing my four year old all over the house, he wasn't all that cooperative, and my wife just gave me the eye roll with daddy's new toy in hand.

Anyway - not great technical shots, but these were shot indoor in some mixed light - blown highlights from the windows - but just the same, I'm impressed with the DR, Clean ISO up to 3200 and to my eye acceptable all the way to 12800 and the aforementioned AF. I'm impressed! Most of these were shot at 2000 ISO...

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    70-200mm lens    137mm    f/2.8    1/1000s    2000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    70-200mm lens    200mm    f/2.8    1/1000s    2000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    70-200mm lens    200mm    f/2.8    1/25s    2000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    70-200mm lens    200mm    f/2.8    1/160s    2000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Apr 09, 2012 at 03:06 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Just got the 5D3 and I've been chasing the kids around the house...

That's a great sign that it nails focus in "difficult" situations. Your first image, I could see an af tripping up and trying to grab the highlight/shadow transition, but you can see that it's where you wanted it.

Same with image two, where it appears that you've focuse on the near eye. I could see the af point of a 5d2 missing that as well.

Good job!

Apr 09, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Just got the 5D3 and I've been chasing the kids around the house...

I love the first two pics.
Thank you.

Ralph

Apr 09, 2012 at 01:00 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password