New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Tripod/Cards for 5d Mark III

Shimbo

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tripod/Cards for 5d Mark III

I was on the fence regarding the D800 and the 5d Mark III, so I ordered both and the 5d Mark III arrived first - and since I leave for vacation on Friday, I guess that decision was made for me. Kind of stupid to choose this way I know, but I am a little impuslive and really want to take a new camera on my vacation.

I have a couple questions. Is there a particular memory card that works well with Canons? Trying to get an idea of what cards people use and like. Maybe all the good ones work the same, but thought I would ask.

Also, I am looking for a good tripod that will be able to do everyhing since I am not sure exactly what type of shooting I will be doing most (want to take a lot of my to be born son and I like landscapes, but I may want to do other things in the future). I was thinking about the Gitzo Series 2 Explorer (carbon fiber) matched with the Gitzo off center magnesium ball head. I had two questions here. First is whether or not people think this is the best all purpose setup, or whether you recommend something else. As for lenses, I dont see myself going more than the 100-400 anytime soom. Second question is whether anyone has matched the Series 3 off center head with the Series 2 Explorer legs. For only $75 more it give an extra 8lbs of load rating. Seemed to be worth it, but wanted to confirm they are compatible.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 08, 2012 at 08:33 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.