Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Anyone buy from theimagingworld.com ?

jzucker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Anyone buy from theimagingworld.com ?

Their price on a US 24-70L 2.8 lens is close to the average fred miranda used price ($1299). I've heard that many of these lenses are "soft" though so I want to make sure it's a reputable dealer before ordering.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Apr 09, 2012 at 12:18 AM
dcains
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Anyone buy from theimagingworld.com ?

Order with confidence. I'm sure they've got a great return policy if you get a bad lens.

Apr 09, 2012 at 01:04 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Anyone buy from theimagingworld.com ?

haha, that doesn't mean anything though. I wouldn't judge a book by its cover. I'd rather hear from people who have real experience.

Apr 09, 2012 at 01:21 AM
4x4rock
• • •
p.1 #4 · Anyone buy from theimagingworld.com ?

Bought the 70-200 mkii from them via ebay. No problem.

Apr 09, 2012 at 01:22 AM
shooter00

p.1 #5 · Anyone buy from theimagingworld.com ?

I ordered 2 MKIV's from them a couple of weeks apart back in May of 2010 and got excellent service.
Talked to them on the phone and by email.
At that time I went thru Bing and Ebay cash back and ended up saving about $800 on the two cameras.

They are an authorized Canon dealer:
http://usa.canon.com/app/pdf/dealer/CanonAuthorizedDealers.pdf

Apr 09, 2012 at 01:27 AM
dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Anyone buy from theimagingworld.com ?

All joking aside, my assessment of theimagingworld.com still stands. For another $30 you can order the "import" version of lens from B&H with free shipping, and they'll absolutely take care of you during the 1-year warranty period. Betting $30 that you'll get the same service anywhere else is silly.

Apr 09, 2012 at 02:01 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

arnold1
• • •
p.1 #7 · Anyone buy from theimagingworld.com ?

I have bought several pieces from them and they were absolutely great in every case. Having said that, I have to confess that I have never had to return anything I bought from them. If you anticipate that you might be returning something, you might be better off going to a local store try the lens there, make sure it is up to your expectations and then buy them there.

Apr 09, 2012 at 02:55 AM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Anyone buy from theimagingworld.com ?

they seem to be a decent co. http://www.resellerratings.com/store/The_Imaging_World#inforatings

This in not an endorsement but a simple search of the web.

Apr 09, 2012 at 03:13 AM
Invertalon
• • •
p.1 #9 · Anyone buy from theimagingworld.com ?

Got my 5D3 from them... Excellent service and arrived perfectly.

Apr 09, 2012 at 03:18 AM
TJSarchett

p.1 #10 · Anyone buy from theimagingworld.com ?

Got my 7D from them last year. Canon USA merchandise, not gray-market... I'd buy from them again...

Apr 10, 2012 at 03:05 AM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · Anyone buy from theimagingworld.com ?

jzucker wrote:
Their price on a US 24-70L 2.8 lens is close to the average fred miranda used price ($1299). I've heard that many of these lenses are "soft" though so I want to make sure it's a reputable dealer before ordering.

Anyone have any experience with them?

I have ordered stuff from them before (100 macro, carbon fiber tripod, kenko extension tubes, etc.). They shipped instantly. Free shipping often arrived overnight (I do live only like maybe 70 miles away though ). They are not a rip-off, high-pressure, fake stock place at all (despite being in Brooklyn ). That said, nothing was ever wrong with anything I received so I never had to attempt a return or exchange. It's certainly possible it would be more of trick than with B&H,Adormama, Amazon, etc. but I really have idea. Perhaps not.

Apr 10, 2012 at 03:17 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password