Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Canon 135 f2,0 L VS Nikon Counterpart

alvit
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon 135 f2,0 L VS Nikon Counterpart

I dont know if already done, but which is the best?

Apr 09, 2012 at 12:04 AM
AGeoJO
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon 135 f2,0 L VS Nikon Counterpart

I had the Nikkor 135mm f/2.0 lens before. It is a "defocusing control" lens you can use to change the bokeh (in the front/back of your target) somewhat. The design is similar to their 105mm f/2.0 DC lens. Although the idea is great but somehow that ability made both lenses a little troublesome in nailing focus. They are older, too, and noisy. Optically, both DC lenses are fine, just some quirks that you have to put up with. I had both and sold both after a while when I had my D700. Even when dialed to the max of microfocus adjustment, it couldn't focus correctly but sometimes, it changed without any intervention to the other side of the focusing spectrum (I don't remember exactly whether they are both back focusing or front focusing). Definitely, not my cup of tea but YMMV.

Not because I am a Canon user but the Canon 135mm f/2.0 lens is an awesome lens. Sharp, fast and silent focusing and the bokeh it generates is to die for. My only complaint, there is no IS and it is a long enough focal length that will benefit significantly from having an IS built in.

Edited on Apr 09, 2012 at 12:48 AM · View previous versions

Apr 09, 2012 at 12:34 AM
dolina
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 135 f2,0 L VS Nikon Counterpart

Sony has the 135/1.8

Apr 09, 2012 at 12:46 AM
AaronNegro
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon 135 f2,0 L VS Nikon Counterpart

dolina wrote:
Sony has the 135/1.8

True, Sony users are really proud of this lens, might be better than the canon

Apr 09, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

stargazer78
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon 135 f2,0 L VS Nikon Counterpart

alvit wrote:
I dont know if already done, but which is the best?

Canon's.

dolina wrote:
Sony has the 135/1.8

AaronNegro wrote:
True, Sony users are really proud of this lens, might be better than the canon

It better be. It's a Carl Zeiss lens that costs $1800 and weighs nearly two and a half pounds!

Apr 09, 2012 at 12:54 AM
JustMay

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon 135 f2,0 L VS Nikon Counterpart

I have used both(although only used the Nikon version a limited number of times) and while they are both wonderful lenses I prefer the Canon version. It seemed to have less CA and seemed more streamlined and easier to use.

Apr 09, 2012 at 02:37 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon 135 f2,0 L VS Nikon Counterpart

stargazer78 wrote:
Canon's.

It better be. It's a Carl Zeiss lens that costs $1800 and weighs nearly two and a half pounds!

Carl Zeiss has announced the 135 mm CP.2 lens with Canon mount. So they will release a normal 135 mm later

Apr 09, 2012 at 06:16 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon 135 f2,0 L VS Nikon Counterpart

JustMay wrote:
I have used both(although only used the Nikon version a limited number of times) and while they are both wonderful lenses I prefer the Canon version. It seemed to have less CA

I had read recently where someone said the Nikkor 135/2 suffers from "HORRENDOUS" chromatic aberration (wide open in daylight) that is so bad that it can't even be fixed in post. One thing I like about the Canon 135/2 is the LOW chromatic aberration.

Check out this comparison:

http://the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/ISO-12233-Sample-Crops.aspx?Lens=646&Camera=614&Sample=0&FLI=0&API=0&LensComp=108&CameraComp=453&SampleComp=0&FLIComp=0&APIComp=0

YIKES! That's about the worst chromatic aberration I've ever seen! And I've seen some really bad CA on, namely, the Canon 85/1.8 and also the Canon 50/1.4 in the right situation. Notice that the Nikkor's CA is quite slow to go away even as the lens is stopped down.

Apr 09, 2012 at 08:52 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password