Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Missing files on 5DIII card

Kathy White
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Missing files on 5DIII card

Has anyone had instances where you are missing pictures that you remember taking? I took some at my daughters home and an entire segment of them are missing on the card. I have never had this happen before and am very concerned. Anyone else had this occur on any of your cameras? Was it the camera or the card?

Apr 08, 2012 at 03:44 AM
Steph_
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Missing files on 5DIII card

I had this happen when my card READER was going bad. A series of images were gone, but when I put the card back into the camera and hit the review button there WERE there...... it was odd. A new card reader solved the symptoms..... check to see if they are still on the card?

Apr 08, 2012 at 04:02 AM
form
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Missing files on 5DIII card

Card errors appear to be the #1 reported problem with the 5D3.

Apr 08, 2012 at 04:05 AM
Kathy White
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Missing files on 5DIII card

It's a new SD card, not a CF so I am putting it right into my PC. About 55 files are missing. It is making me wonder if the SD cards are not as reliable as the CF, or maybe just a defective card. I have used CF for 10 years and never had a missing file. I think I am going to reformat it and see what happens. I saw the pictures on the screen as I was taking them and even remember going back and showing one to my daughter so they were there. I put the card back into the camera and they are not appearing. Also, alot of errors saying cannot open other files on the card so I am for sure thinking it must be the card. Going to shoot with a CF tomorrow and make sure it doesn't follow it.

Apr 08, 2012 at 04:23 AM
Kathy White
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Missing files on 5DIII card

form wrote:
Card errors appear to be the #1 reported problem with the 5D3.

I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere.

Apr 08, 2012 at 04:24 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password