Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · ball head for $150 or less

Julian Nell
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · ball head for $150 or less

I am in the market to get a ball head in the next few months and I would like to set a goal for the price I would like to get.

So what I am looking for is a ball head for $150 or less, I am going to be using the tripod and ball head mostly for macro and general uses for a tripod, the ball head will not hold more then 10 lb's.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Julian

Apr 07, 2012 at 11:32 PM
dlabrecque
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · ball head for $150 or less

The Photoclam PC-30 from www.reallybigcameras.com would probably be your best option. Any else you'll probably regret as nothing more than a bunch of junk with zero resale value.

Apr 08, 2012 at 07:47 PM
jdben622
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · ball head for $150 or less

10lbs is actually a decent amount of weight to support. Just because heads say they'll support 40, 50, 100+ lbs, doesn't mean they'll do it well. Partucularly with macro, you'll likely have the head in some extreme positions. The 'clam is probably a good recommendation. You can sometimes find a well-used Kirk BH-3 near $150.

Apr 08, 2012 at 07:56 PM
Julian Nell
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · ball head for $150 or less

Okay thanks for the suggestions, I was actually looking at the photo clam and probably should have said that, I was just seeing if there was anything else that might be better.

I am going to have to wait on getting the ball head because I am going to have to buy something else, so I don't need anymore suggestions.

Julian

Apr 09, 2012 at 12:36 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password