Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Is 5D III Canon's answer for 3D?

Jayem1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Is 5D III Canon's answer for 3D?

I remember people have asking for a digital version of EOS 3. Does 5D III pretty much meet the demand for that?

Apr 07, 2012 at 01:35 PM
RazorTM
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Is 5D III Canon's answer for 3D?

Yes.

Apr 07, 2012 at 01:47 PM
M Vers
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Is 5D III Canon's answer for 3D?

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1090775/0?keyword=3D#10398663
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1090716/0?keyword=3D#10397867

Apr 07, 2012 at 01:56 PM
arbitrage
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Is 5D III Canon's answer for 3D?

I was not into photography back in the days of the EOS 3. But from what I've read and understand about what people loved it so much, I think the answer is YES. I'd also like to direct your attention to this thread....
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1090716/0?keyword=3d#10397867

Whoops, MVers beat me, I tried to manually troll through 10 pages and then searched and found it

Apr 07, 2012 at 01:56 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jayem1
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Is 5D III Canon's answer for 3D?

Ok, thanks for the links.

I guess I have not been actively following what's going on on Canon board.

Apr 07, 2012 at 02:13 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Is 5D III Canon's answer for 3D?

Jayem1 wrote:
I remember people have asking for a digital version of EOS 3. Does 5D III pretty much meet the demand for that?

very close, 1fps too slow (too bad it didn't match the rumors) though, but otherwise it is the 3D and since the AF is better may as well call it the 3D yeah and in that it is totally awesome

(i think it didn't get the expected full on praise because the sensor didn't improve as expected AND the price went way up, both at the same time, I think with the old price as is or with improved low ISO and the new price, in particular, it would've had a really, really strong reception; or things like leaving out focus peaking/zebra stripes/1.6x cropped full-res for video; apparently on DPR there is early talk that the 1DX seems to have 1/2- 2/3 stop less read noise at high iso than the 5D3, the low ISO stuff is not known yet, maybe they really did use their new sensor tech only for the 1DX??)

Apr 07, 2012 at 07:15 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Is 5D III Canon's answer for 3D?

Not quite. Maybe it would have been a few years ago or maybe not. Regardless, the 5D III is good enough that most people will stop complaining about the functional limitations of the 5 series. The lack of focusing screens is one example of a step backwards.

EBH

Apr 08, 2012 at 04:43 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password