Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Jekyll Island Sunrise & Naked Girl(PG rated)

SSISteve
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Jekyll Island Sunrise & Naked Girl(PG rated)

I decided this past Sunday to go to the beach at Jekyll Island, GA to photograph the sunrise and some of the driftwood there. I don't do mornings very well but this morning was an extra treat. After I set-up for my shot I noticed next to me 2 other photographers and this young girl. They had their flash gear and some studio equipment and I could not understand why they needed all of this to shoot the sunrise. After awhile I figured out that they were not there to capture the sunrise but rather to photograph this girl naked on a bunch of the driftwood. It was quite distracting to what I was doing and I should have complained. Had my wide angle lens and was wondering where was my 300mm with 1.7 TC when I need it. Sorry no pics of her. With all the distractions going on here is what I ended up capturing. Hope you like. Thanks for looking.

Apr 04, 2012 at 11:51 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Jekyll Island Sunrise & Naked Girl(PG rated)

Hey Steve,

A little misleading of a title, but I can imagine you were a bit distracted by the other photographers. You did end up with some interesting shots here. A little different take with the processing, but it does make for some nice shots.

Jim

Apr 05, 2012 at 01:41 AM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Jekyll Island Sunrise & Naked Girl(PG rated)

I like your shots, worth getting up for. I've happened to be at the same location as others when they were shooting models, but none of them were naked. Maybe I should hang out on Jekyll Island.

Apr 05, 2012 at 05:57 AM
elbeasto
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Jekyll Island Sunrise & Naked Girl(PG rated)

They sky in that second shot is absolutely killer, great subject with the wood too.

Apr 05, 2012 at 06:22 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Jekyll Island Sunrise & Naked Girl(PG rated)

I like the framing of the second, with the sun nestled in the tree branch. This is just another example of the many times when the horizon in the center works just fine. There is a natural X in the image with lines radiating outward from the sun. I also like the colors.

Apr 05, 2012 at 09:23 AM
gschmickle
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Jekyll Island Sunrise & Naked Girl(PG rated)

I really like the second one here. The subtle foreground shadows are a really nice touch. I'd almost be tempted to try and bring them out more.

Apr 05, 2012 at 10:10 AM
DLP
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Jekyll Island Sunrise & Naked Girl(PG rated)

Another vote for #2.

Dave

Apr 05, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Javier Munoz
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Jekyll Island Sunrise & Naked Girl(PG rated)

What? No girl pic?

Shame on you

Apr 05, 2012 at 02:32 PM
helenica
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Jekyll Island Sunrise & Naked Girl(PG rated)

The second one works great!

Apr 05, 2012 at 02:35 PM
SSISteve
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Jekyll Island Sunrise & Naked Girl(PG rated)

Javier Munoz wrote:
What? No girl pic?

Shame on you

Sorry, no girl pics I didn't think the other guys would like me getting in on their shoot. Who would think you were going to run in to a naked girl while photographing the sunrise. I will be prepared next time.

Apr 05, 2012 at 08:25 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.