Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Tamron 18-270 or Sigma 18-250

rebelshooter
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tamron 18-270 or Sigma 18-250

Looking for some input. Looking at a semi all purpose lens for when pics is not the main reason to be somewhere. Example, out with the family and decide to go to a zoo or a park and want to take some pics but don't want to take the whole kit.
I know they are not going to give me what the 70-200 Mk II gives me, just looking for something that performs decently in most situations. Looked at the reviews and as expected, they were mixed, Didn't find much when doing a search here.
I have owned many Tamron and Sigma lenses and have not had issues with either one.
Any input would be appreciated.

Apr 05, 2012 at 04:12 AM
gwaww
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tamron 18-270 or Sigma 18-250

Sorry, I don't have any experience with the Sigma (although I have a few Sigma lenses). But I have used every Tamron "super" zoom. The older 18-250 was my favorite and was perfect for what you want to do. The second best is the newer 18-270 Peizo drive model.

Apr 05, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Cicopo
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tamron 18-270 or Sigma 18-250

I've owned the Sigma 18-200 & the later version with OS plus the original Tamron 18-270 VC (not the current model) & I've been happy with all of them as general purpose lenses. I've tried using the Tamron for action & it did fairly good at an R/C event on my 7D & ended up using that combination to shoot an air show while on vacation (it was all I took). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it as a one lens solution as long as you're not expecting L quality images at 100% on screen. Here's my air show album & it was shot facing into the sun which was very bright at times.

https://picasaweb.google.com/TCPRCphotos/AirShowCozumel2012

Apr 05, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Cicopo
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Tamron 18-270 or Sigma 18-250

I tried to add this to the message but I guess you can't add a photo once submitted. This is a tight crop from one of Skip Stewart's knife edge passes. Note the GoPro on the stabilizer & the photo was taken with the camera held as high above my head as possible panning by guess.

Apr 05, 2012 at 12:41 PM
big country
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Tamron 18-270 or Sigma 18-250

i bought the tamron 18-270 VC for my gf. great lens.

Apr 06, 2012 at 01:17 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password