Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 5DIII and Error 70...

Todd Baugh
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 5DIII and Error 70...

Got an error 70 on my 5d MKIII today, only with the CF card inserted. Onward to google, I found out that if you view the files on the CF card with photomechanic and "tag" the keepers and then reinsert the card you will get this error.

You have to delete all the pictures on the card before putting it back in the camera...weird. I recreated the scenario just to make sure and it did the same thing.

Apr 05, 2012 at 12:24 AM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 5DIII and Error 70...

Makes good sense, changing the metadata to something the 5D MK III cannot recognize is going to gum up things.

Use the "Rate" button.

Apr 05, 2012 at 02:07 AM
Greggbhill
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 5DIII and Error 70...

Todd Baugh wrote:
Got an error 70 on my 5d MKIII today, only with the CF card inserted. Onward to google, I found out that if you view the files on the CF card with photomechanic and "tag" the keepers and then reinsert the card you will get this error.

You have to delete all the pictures on the card before putting it back in the camera...weird. I recreated the scenario just to make sure and it did the same thing.

Thank you Todd!
I had this happen my first day with the 5D3 - on 2 Lexar Pro 600x cards that have worked flawlessly on 5D2 and 7D interchanged.

I couldn't seem to reproduce the error - now i know it was because I went straight to LR for the tests tring to reproduce error 70.

Do you still have the link to what you found on google?

Apr 05, 2012 at 04:16 AM
Todd Baugh
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 5DIII and Error 70...

Glad the info was able to help....here is what I found.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1032&message=41021946

Apr 05, 2012 at 05:34 PM
Greggbhill
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 5DIII and Error 70...

Thanks!

Apr 05, 2012 at 07:39 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password