Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Hamilton Pool

kdowning
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Hamilton Pool

Decided to go explore Hamilton Pool outside Austin, TX again with the new 5d mark iii driving me to get out and shoot. The day was completely overcast for most of the 2 hours I was there. Did what I could to avoid the blown out sky/trees, but it wasn't always possible.

CC much appreciated.

Apr 04, 2012 at 10:56 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Hamilton Pool

That looks like a good place to put your new camera through the paces. Your compositions in # 1 and 2 are my favorites, especially #2. It's too bad the sky is still blown out for you, maybe you need to use a layer mask to be able to retain the sky.

That pool looks like a tough place to shoot and to get everything exposed correctly, of all the shots I have seen of that place lately, they all have blown skies... There has to be a way to shoot this without blowing out the sky.

Jim

Apr 05, 2012 at 12:00 AM
kdowning
• •
p.1 #3 · Hamilton Pool

Well, on the particular day I was there it was 100% overcast. Meaning, the color of the sky really is a greyish white. Additionally, the park is only open from 9 am to 5:30 pm, so at least in the summer months you are pretty much shooting in full sun no matter what you do.

Apr 05, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Ray Still
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Hamilton Pool

Very nice set really like the comp in #1 and nice choice of SS

Ray Still

Apr 05, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Cloudbow
• • •
p.1 #5 · Hamilton Pool

What a beautiful location! First and second shots are really nice. I appreciate that you included the third with the stairs. It helps define the size of the area.

Bev

Apr 05, 2012 at 02:03 AM
kdowning
• •
p.1 #6 · Hamilton Pool

Yeah, it's a really great spot. I'm going to try to petition the parks service to allow a morning or evening this summer for photographers to come in early and/or stay late. They said it's not out of the question but has to go through proper channels.

It also took all of my self control not to push the vibrance and saturation on the greens in the leaves and the turquoise/blue in the water too far. They naturally started pretty saturated so I pretty much left them alone much to my chagrin.

I actually have a couple more i may post later where I pulled the saturation down to almost B&W to give an even more unusual rendering of the area.

Apr 05, 2012 at 06:15 AM
Cloudbow
• • •
p.1 #7 · Hamilton Pool

kdowning wrote:
I actually have a couple more i may post later where I pulled the saturation down to almost B&W to give an even more unusual rendering of the ...[/qoute]

Yes, I'd like to see those, too.

Bev

Apr 05, 2012 at 09:32 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password