Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Oregon- Columbia R. and Mt Hood

Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Oregon- Columbia R. and Mt Hood

As the mighty Columbia makes a curve and the sun sets...

Charlie Shugart 2012

Apr 04, 2012 at 06:24 PM
TripleYYY
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Oregon- Columbia R. and Mt Hood

Pretty colours Charlie. Nice view.

Y

Apr 04, 2012 at 08:24 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Oregon- Columbia R. and Mt Hood

Thanks, Y. There aren't many places on the Oregon side where you can see the Columbia River and Mt Hood at the same time like this. It was a good sunset, so I left the Interstate and went prowling for a good place.
Charlie

Apr 05, 2012 at 02:23 AM
Cloudbow
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Oregon- Columbia R. and Mt Hood

I really can't discern the bend in the river. It could just as easily be a lake. The completely black (at least on my monitor) silhouette separating the water from Mt. Hood adds a feeling of strength to the composition. Lovely colors from the sky in the water. My eye keeps being drawn to Mt Hood, which appears to be the subject of the photograph, even though the water and silhouettes are a dominant presence. I like it.

Bev

Apr 05, 2012 at 04:57 AM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Oregon- Columbia R. and Mt Hood

Cloudbow wrote:
I really can't discern the bend in the river. It could just as easily be a lake. The completely black (at least on my monitor) silhouette separating the water from Mt. Hood adds a feeling of strength to the composition. Lovely colors from the sky in the water. My eye keeps being drawn to Mt Hood, which appears to be the subject of the photograph, even though the water and silhouettes are a dominant presence. I like it.

Bev

Thanks, Bev.
You're right about the bend/lake thing.
Because of the many dams between Bonneville and upriver Grand Coulee dam, that long section of the Columbia River has slowed tremendously, and is in many places quite like a lake. In this pic the river flows from the right to the left, picks up a little speed and curves to the right. I chose the composition because of Mt Hood and the sunset, so the "bend" doesn't show (thus I had to write the info ).
Charlie

Apr 05, 2012 at 04:29 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password