Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Heading Back

Rick Schump
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Heading Back

At the suggestion of a friend I am starting to plan another trip back to this Washington iconic location. Most of the time I have been there it has been overcast and drab but the place is magical even if not always photogenic. Here are a few shots from earlier trips, the first one is from a trip last year which I don't think I even processed any landscapes shots from until now, and the last 2 are just to highlight a couple rock stacks I always find interesting. Feel free to chime in on location, or PP. Welcome to Washington Coast. Rick

Stacked

In honor of the Easter Bunny

The Horseman

Apr 03, 2012 at 05:41 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Heading Back

Hey Rick,

Those are some pretty interestingly shaped seastacks. I do really like #1. I like the clouds and the seastack in #2, though I wish there was a bit more seperation between the dark foreground and the seastack. Though, I am not sure how you could seperate it more without a shot from a different perspective.

Jim

Apr 03, 2012 at 07:56 AM
Ray Still
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Heading Back

Hey Rick

Very cool love the vista in #1, but all are fantastic, really looking forward to this trip, I'm not going to say the location as well so others can guess

Ray Still

Apr 03, 2012 at 08:41 AM
ScaryFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Heading Back

I can easily understand your fascination with this place.
I am wondering if with rather minimalistic images like these a slightly less contrasty presentation would work better to emphasise the muted conditions and how delicate everything can become. I am not on my normal monitor but these look all a bit on the high contrast side and maybe a softer approach might suit the conditions better?
Ute

Apr 03, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Aaron Cowan
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Heading Back

Rick,

Very cool looking sea stacks. I'd love to see more of the Washington coast after visiting Ruby and La Push last year.

Apr 03, 2012 at 02:40 PM
John Richter
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Heading Back

Very nice, Rick. I like your POV's. Last time I was there was in the 20th century.

Thanks for sharing,

JBR

Apr 04, 2012 at 03:29 AM
Rick Schump
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Heading Back

Thanks Jim, The bottom 2 shots are from a trip I did 5 years ago and unfortunately all I have are a few low res .jpegs. A little over a year ago my only photo hard drive died and took most pf 4 years worth of shooting with it. I learned the hard way, always back up, so I don't have the ability to see if any other POV are avail. from that trip.
Sweet Ray, This is from the North bay the one from up on the cliff was from when we were leaving last year, only time we saw blue sky.
Ute, As I said above the last two shots I can't work on because they are the files I have of them, I did the PP a few years back when my PP was even lass than it is now.
Aaron, There is a lot there, it just isn't as in your face as the Oregon coast.

Thanks again everyone for the comments and thoughts. Rick

Apr 04, 2012 at 03:44 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password