Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Bag for sailing trip

poodlelvr
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bag for sailing trip

I am going on a sailing trip, and need a waterproof bag to carry my gear onshore. Needs to be soft bag. Probably will carry Canon 7D, 2-3 lens. Anyone got suggestions?

Mar 31, 2012 at 04:22 PM
Glenn Kendall
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bag for sailing trip

If you google "dry bags for cameras", you'll get plenty of options/info. You might survey this site for starters: http://www.thewaterproofstore.com/bags.html
NFI.

Mar 31, 2012 at 06:25 PM
Smiert Spionam
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bag for sailing trip

I'd probably go with whatever bag is comfortable and appropriate for the rest of the trip. I'd assume a relatively small backpack or sling, which will be comfortable to carry when you're tromping around. Then, get a good quality dry bag that the whole pack can slip into (should be some good options at the link Glenn posted). Assuming you're talking about going ashore in a dinghy or something, you can then take it out of the dry bag, which you can roll up and bungie to the back of your pack. Depending on the size of the sailboat, it may be appropriate to stow your gear in the dry bag on board, too, if you're in chop, etc.

A largish multi-purpose dry bag is a pretty handy thing to have on a boat, anyway.

Mar 31, 2012 at 07:57 PM
Monkey Falls
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Bag for sailing trip

If you are looking for a camera backpack that is waterproof, I can recommend the Lowepro Waterproof Bags. I have one and have successfully kept my gear dry while whitewater rafting.

Apr 01, 2012 at 07:07 AM
akclimber
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Bag for sailing trip

Being a boat & kayak owner from southeast Alaska, I love these bags for a DSLR plus a couple lenses:

http://www.sagebrushdrygoods.com/product_info.php?products_id=35&PHPSESSID=b65bff43bad99c2d35e4ef907e16a76d

Not really designed for cameras but man, it's just the best, most comfy all round shoulder dry bag around. I take it everywhere, whether I've got a camera or not. It may be too small for a 7D and 3 lenses but I guess it depends on the lenses (I have a 5D2 and 7D and generally will put my 5 or 7D plus 24-105 plus maybe a 70-200 f/4 IS in it plus other goodies. Also check out their medium dry daypack. It's on my to buy list.

I also use a LowePro Dryzone 200 as my every day camera pack. Works well, holds a bunch, altho the bottom compartments are hell to access.

Cheers!

Apr 01, 2012 at 07:28 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password