Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · Of great concern

Andrwe Bazeley
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Of great concern

Just want to bring to the attention of all you fine FM'ers a problem that I have seen recently and which appears to be becoming more prevalent over time. Specifically what I am talking about is the recent trend of parents (mostly mothers) turning a blind eye on acts of gratuitous violence on the pat of their offspring. And this gratuitous violence, if left unchecked will escalate over time into far more severe acts of aggression -- even bullying, wanton killing and acts of sexual predation. To bolster my argument, I present Photo #1 which shows a mother with two male offspring who can't be more than several months old at the most. And this photo was taken on very first day that the mother had taken her two children outside the home and they were seeing the real world for the very first time. But are these two looking around at the wonders of the real world and the beauty of nature? No, they are engaged in violent acts --see how the larger male of the pair is repeatedly pummeling his younger brother with that mean left hook and see his brother cringing in abject fear. But worst of all is the total disregard to this violence on the part of the mother -- she is actually turning the other cheek and acting as if nothing is happening. Now fast forward four years please and consider exhibit Photo #2. This is the same two brothers, now 4 years of age, and clearly exhibiting the same behavior but in a far more depraved and violent physically aggressive fashion. Note the left hook of the dominant brother and how he is now pummeling his weaker peer with so much brutality that even the snow is flying around them. My fear is that if this young male, and many others like him, is allowed to continue this activity he will become, as he matures into a full adult, a terrifying predator, killing at will and committing all manner of aggressive sexual acts on non-consentual partners. And to think that this all started because a disinterested mother turned the other cheek and didn't channel these aggressive tendencies into non violent activities when they were just several months old -- Legos, Barbie dolls, computer games, things like that. And so, in closing, I call upon all FM'ers to join with me and develop an outreach program that can educate these young mothers and hopefully prevent any more of these young growing to become apex predators.

NIKON D300    600mm    f/4.0    1/400s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON D300    600mm    f/7.1    1/1250s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Mar 31, 2012 at 03:47 PM
redmule
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Of great concern

Gorgeous! Two fine captures Andrew. Glad to see that the Bro's can get past their issues....love the snow flyin
Kevin

Mar 31, 2012 at 04:07 PM
Andrwe Bazeley
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Of great concern

Hey Kevin -- great to her from you and thanks for the comments. Cheers, Andrew

Mar 31, 2012 at 07:45 PM
mike717
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Of great concern

Andrew, are you sure that four years on that's not the little bro getting even?

Mike

Mar 31, 2012 at 09:48 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Of great concern

Fun stuff Andrew. Great photos too ~ Ron

Apr 01, 2012 at 12:20 AM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Of great concern

Lovely shots Andrew.

Apr 01, 2012 at 12:22 AM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Of great concern

very nice Andrew

Apr 01, 2012 at 12:30 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Of great concern

Everyone always blames the mother

Great shots, love the last one .

Birdie

Apr 01, 2012 at 12:41 AM
Andrwe Bazeley
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Of great concern

Everyone always blames the mother

Sorry Birdie -- maybe it's because it's a single parent family and we should be blaming the dad for splitting. Cheers, Andrew

Apr 01, 2012 at 01:59 AM
tfoltz
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Of great concern

Great shots Andrew but isn't it the job of the schools and not the parents

Apr 01, 2012 at 06:33 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Andrwe Bazeley
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Of great concern

Great shots Andrew but isn't it the job of the schools and not the parents
Hey Tim -- you make a very valid point there. But you must realize that their schooling is all correspondence and online and so at the end of the day it is still the parents responsibility. Cheers, Andrew

Apr 01, 2012 at 04:01 PM
sdgnh
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Of great concern

tfoltz wrote:
Great shots Andrew but isn't it the job of the schools and not the parents http://www.pic4ever.com/images/25r30wi.gif

I knew that was coming.... We teachers are the reason when kids do bad things Great shots!
Nancy

Apr 01, 2012 at 06:20 PM
tfoltz
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Of great concern

Andrwe Bazeley wrote:
Hey Tim -- you make a very valid point there. But you must realize that their schooling is all correspondence and online and so at the end of the day it is still the parents responsibility. Cheers, Andrew

Andrew it was a joke, it's 100% the parents responsibility IMO.

Apr 01, 2012 at 06:49 PM
sdgnh
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Of great concern

Hey, kids are kids and they love a good tussle, and it looks like these bears do too, just glad they aren't on my playground I thought your narrative was a riot, Andrew!
Nancy

Apr 01, 2012 at 09:38 PM
Andrwe Bazeley
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Of great concern

Hey Nancy -- now I know you're a teach I'm going to blame you for all sorts of things! Just kidding -- teachers are one of the most important and, unfortunately, underrated keys to our future. Cheers, Andrew

Apr 01, 2012 at 09:43 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Of great concern

Hi Andrew,

Iím shore I see a bunch of little Legos fly into the air in the second image. Both are wonderful photos.

Morris

Apr 01, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Andrwe Bazeley
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Of great concern

Great to hear from you Morris, Tim, Kenny, Ken, Ron and Mike. And of course Nancy and Birdie. Cheers, Andrew

Apr 02, 2012 at 01:30 AM
unclechuck
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Of great concern

Meaningful dialog indeed --- and splendid images!

Apr 02, 2012 at 01:50 AM
Andrwe Bazeley
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Of great concern

Hey Chuck -- all my dialog was tongue-in-cheek -- mostly. Cheers and thanks for your comments, Andrew

Apr 02, 2012 at 03:33 AM
unclechuck
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Of great concern

Andrwe Bazeley wrote

Hey Chuck -- all my dialog was tongue-in-cheek -- mostly. Cheers and thanks for your comments, Andrew

That's how I took it --- and framed my comment accordingly

My chance to revisit your shots --- remarkable achievement!

Apr 02, 2012 at 10:48 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password