Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Question about MiniTT1 and FlexTT5

Mstic
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Question about MiniTT1 and FlexTT5

Just a quick question, is it better to have one Flex for the camera body and one Flex for the flash or is that too excessive?

Or is it better to just have the Mini on the camera body and Flex for the flash unit?

Thanks in advance.

Mar 30, 2012 at 05:25 PM
Roland W
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Question about MiniTT1 and FlexTT5

Really your choice. I happen to like the smaller Mini on my camera, but many others like to put a Flex on the camera, and get the benifits of the same hardware at every location. Many also prefer the standard AA batteries in the Flex over the coin cell in the Mini, but I get fantastic battery life in my Mini, as long as I remember to turn it off at the end of the day. If you leave the antenna folded down on a Flex, it is really not much bigger than a Mini, and you can always fold it up if you need the better range.

Mar 30, 2012 at 07:17 PM
Mstic
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Question about MiniTT1 and FlexTT5

Thanks for the input. Appreciate it.

Mar 30, 2012 at 07:37 PM
Ernie Aubert
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Question about MiniTT1 and FlexTT5

Can you use the AC3 with the Flex? I don't remember; but it's the AC3 that really makes the whole thing come together. It's so nice to be able to control the levels of three flashes individually right from the camera.

Mar 31, 2012 at 01:40 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Roland W
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Question about MiniTT1 and FlexTT5

The AC3 can be used on either the Mini TT1 or the Flex TT5, and yes is is a nice addition that makes the system better.

Mar 31, 2012 at 06:09 AM
PShizzy
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Question about MiniTT1 and FlexTT5

One thing I noticed in having used a Flex on a D300 is that it interferes with the function buttons on the lefthand dial top of camera. You can still adjust settings but it's more difficult.

As for the Mini using a watch battery? I've been told (as I just picked it up) that the battery life is long. But at 2 bucks a pop? Pick up a few and keep em handy.

Mar 31, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Question about MiniTT1 and FlexTT5

The AC3 is the best $75 I've ever spent. No menu-diving = more shooting.

Ernie Aubert wrote:
it's the AC3 that really makes the whole thing come together. It's so nice to be able to control the levels of three flashes individually right from the camera.

Mar 31, 2012 at 01:31 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password