Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Who uses Profoto D1's?

Jonesy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Who uses Profoto D1's?

Just signed my lease for my studio and now im buying lights.

I am stuck between buying Einsteins or the Profoto D1 kit.

I really want the D1 kit just trying to justify the extra cost.

Thanks everyone!

Mar 30, 2012 at 01:08 AM
hugowolf
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Who uses Profoto D1's?

I use Profoto D1s on a daily basis. I did consider Buff Einsteins, but there were so many delays between their promised introduction and their actual release.

I have absolutely no regrets over my decision. Given the choice would do the same again. I used Hensel and Elinchrom before settling with Profoto, and my only qualm with Hensel was the weight factor: great modifiers, great prices for two and three light kits, but built like a tank. The Hensel Integra Pro Plus kits offer excellent value if you aren’t transporting your equipment around.

I frequently shoot tethered, and this was a major factor in my choice. Bron, Elinchrom, and Profoto all offer tethered control, Buff does not.

If you need really short durations, then I would seriously consider the Einsteins. The ‘constant’ color wasn’t a big deal for me. Photogenic and others have offered this for longer than Buff.

Mar 30, 2012 at 02:44 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Who uses Profoto D1's?

Jonesy wrote:
...I really want the D1 kit just trying to justify the extra cost.

Mention it prominently in your marketing materials, and consider that your justification.

Mar 31, 2012 at 02:00 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password