New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · How to attach tripod to camera bag

Jason Beiko

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How to attach tripod to camera bag

I have a Tamrac evolution 8 backpack and a Manfrotto 055xprob tripod. The tripod does not mount well to the backpack because it is too large for the existing attachment. Does anyone have a suggestion for an aftermarket tripod accessory in order to attach it to the backpack?

Thanks

Mar 29, 2012 at 05:18 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How to attach tripod to camera bag

i really don't think you want to do that on this bag. it is a small bag with a medium sized tripod. it will create a fair imbalance and outstanding hook and hit point on your back.

you can use the foot pocket as it is designed with a single if able 2 leg(s) in it vertically and use the included strap at the mid point to stabilize. add yet another at the top using the grab handle as its hardpoint and secure it higher.

i will say again this setup will not be too stable if work at all. do not walk in crowds as you will turn into on of the most unpopular people there.

http://www.tamrac.com/5788_TriRt_lrg.jpg

Apr 02, 2012 at 06:34 AM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How to attach tripod to camera bag

Bungee cords. Mind you, I'm satisfied with the tripod straps on my LowePro backpack.

Apr 02, 2012 at 07:40 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How to attach tripod to camera bag

bungie bounce. not good

Apr 02, 2012 at 08:25 AM
peter_n
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How to attach tripod to camera bag

I've used Outdoor Research straps to secure my travel tripod to my Domke F-2 bag. They work well and are available from outdoor retailers like REI.

However I was strapping horizontally on the bottom of the bag although the tripod was longer than the F-2. Your application is vertical and may not work unless you strap just two legs at the top, then extend the third leg slightly near the middle/bottom and strap directly under the twist/flip lock. That sounds awkward though.

You could also just sell the tripod and get a travel model, they're about 17-20" long...

Apr 02, 2012 at 09:27 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How to attach tripod to camera bag

now that is complex except for the last part.

Apr 02, 2012 at 01:53 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.