Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Help with new bag search

aznmochamike

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help with new bag search

Hi everyone... I am looking for a new backpack and would love suggestions for which one and why... I will be carrying one body with it (canon 5d) with 24-70, 50mm and 85mm... I would also like to be carrying a flash with me... And also some filters and a tripod... Thanks everyone

Mar 28, 2012 at 09:38 AM
dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help with new bag search

Not mine, but I saw a Kata R102 available on the buy/sell forum for $100. That's a steal for my favorite backpack.

Also, check out www.cambags.com, a site which shows every bag imaginable. all loaded with gear, so it'a a great way to search for something with no hands-on experience. Just reviews, though, nothing for sale.

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:22 AM
EPSI
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Help with new bag search

I backed (preordered) this one: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1098734
Can't speak for it yet, but the insert system looks well thought out and the daypack they are currently building for looks well designed and constructed.

Mar 31, 2012 at 05:55 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

arbitrage
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Help with new bag search

I'll give my usual shout out for anything by f-stop if you feel like spending money. However, I've also been happy with my Kata 3n1 22 for a lot less money

Mar 31, 2012 at 06:39 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Help with new bag search

Sigh... I can't believe I've spent over $1k on backpacks, holster bags, belts, roller bags... this is getting to be a bit much.

Anyway- my LowePro Slingbag 300 AW is good. The AW w/ any LowePro product means that there is a rain pouch. The plus to it is that it's very easy to move to in front of you so that you can access it easily. The drawback is that w/ only 1 strap, it tends to wear a bit on 1 shoulder, though this is reduced if you use the belt that goes around your chest.

You may also want to consider a system by ThinkTank- something like a Digital Holster to hold the camera + 1 mounted lens, then 1 of their modular belts so that you can add/subtract items as necessary.

The LowePro Flipside is great for crowds because when you put it on as a backpack, the zipper touches your back, so that thieves can't get to it unless they get you to take it off your back. But it doesn't hold as much- always a tradeoff.

I would HIGHLY recommend going to a store w/ your gear & seeing what works best for your situation.

Mar 31, 2012 at 03:00 PM
Mr Joe
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Help with new bag search

Here's a look at specs and pricing on 16 different photo backpacks for hiking:
http://www.joereifer.com/words/2012/01/22/a-brief-statement-on-backpacks-for-hiking-with-photo-gear-from-the-society-obsessed-with-photography-backpack-perfection/

Mar 31, 2012 at 07:05 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password