Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 600EX RF noise?

klam
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 600EX RF noise?

Does anyone have any experience with the new 600EX and PocketWizards? Wondering if the new flashes emit as much RF interference as the 430EX/580EX/580EXII or play nice with the PocketWizard frequencies like the 430EXII?

Mar 27, 2012 at 03:11 AM
James Taylor
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 600EX RF noise?

I'd like to know this as well.

Mar 27, 2012 at 03:06 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 600EX RF noise?

klam wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with the new 600EX and PocketWizards? Wondering if the new flashes emit as much RF interference as the 430EX/580EX/580EXII or play nice with the PocketWizard frequencies like the 430EXII?

are you talking about the RT version or the version for markets that dont allow the radio?

If your talking RT then I cant for the life of me think why I'd spend that amount on a flash who's system has been shown to work well and then stick anything like PW's on it

Mar 27, 2012 at 03:10 PM
James Taylor
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 600EX RF noise?

Mostly as a backup. I ordered two of them, but if one breaks on a job I want to be able too use my TT5s to finish. Also, If you want to include strobes or older flash on jobs it might be necessary to still use pocket wizards at times.

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:06 PM
mbrakes

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 600EX RF noise?

I found PW Flex to be unstable - bought Phottix Odins instead. Half the price, better performance.

And, if you have other manual flash utnits you want to use/throw in the mix, you can mix and match with the cheaper Strato units. Phottix are on the 2.4Ghz frequnecy band which is less affected by Canon RF noise. Still haven't tried with the new Canon flash units, but would prefer to use the Canon RF system whenever possible. Think it will be hard to beat, with audio feedback and all. If you want to mix with other flash equipment then I would try the Phottix Strato which has a hotshoe that lets the signal through so you could probably place the Canon ST-E3 on top of the Strato transmitter and have the best of both worlds.

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

chrisdee
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 600EX RF noise?

The new 600EX does not play well with the ETTL PW units, maybe PW will have a firmware update to address the incompatibility soon. Until then, nobody can tell if the RF interference is still an issue. If you need an answer right now, maybe contacting PW support is the best option.

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM
klam
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 600EX RF noise?

Thanks all. Anyone try them with the regular PW Plus II? I had trouble getting even those to work reliably even with the 580EX. When I get my 600EX-RT I plan to get rid of my PW Flex, but I still use the Plus II for various work.

Mar 28, 2012 at 02:08 AM
Cphoto1954
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 600EX RF noise?

11/23/12 Tested on PW TT5 and the 600EX-RT work without any issues that I have seen.

Nov 25, 2012 at 05:34 AM
echelonphoto
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 600EX RF noise?

Get another 600 and sell your PW's....problem solved. I do mix systems with mine...one
600 on camera, another 600 slave and a photix strato on hotshoe to trigger my remote
qflash...works like a dream and I can dial my ratios independently

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:13 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password